Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Book by Wiseman Rosalind
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
The Basis for the Movie Mean Girls
PARENTS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN GIRL WORLD
Do you feel as though your adolescent daughter exists in a different world, speaking a different language and living by different laws? She does.
This groundbreaking book takes you inside the secret world of girls’ friendships, translating and decoding them, so parents can better understand and help their daughters navigate through these crucial years. Rosalind Wiseman has spent more than a decade listening to thousands of girls talk about the powerful role cliques play in shaping what they wear and say, how they feel about school, how they respond to boys, and how they feel about themselves. In this candid and insightful book, Wiseman discusses:
· Queen Bees, Wannabes, Targets, Torn Bystanders, and others: how to tell what role your daughter plays and help her be herself
· Girls’ power plays, from birthday invitations to cafeteria seating arrangements and illicit parties, and how to handle them
· Good popularity and bad popularity: how cliques bear on every situation
· Hip Parents, Best-Friend Parents, Pushover Parents, and others: examine your own parenting style, “Check Your Baggage,” and identify how your own background and biases affect how you relate to your daughter
· Related movies, books, websites, and organizations: a carefully annotated resources section provides opportunities to follow up on your own and with your daughter
Enlivened with the voices of dozens of girls and parents and a welcome sense of humor, Queen Bees and Wannabes is compelling reading for parents and daughters alike. A conversation piece and a reference guide, it offers the tools you need to help your daughter feel empowered and make smarter choices.
ROSALIND WISEMAN is cofounder of the Empower program, a not-for-profit organization that works to empower girls and boys to stop violence. She is an advisor to Liz Claiborne’s Women’s Work program and has been featured on The Oprah Show and CNN and in publications such as USA Today, the Washington Post, and the New York Times. She lives in Washington, D.C.
From the Hardcover edition.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Three Rivers Press, 2002. Paperback. Condición: New. Nº de ref. del artículo: B17S2-141
Descripción Three Rivers Press, New York, 2002. Softcover. Condición: New. First Paperback Edition.. 338 pages. Softcover. New book. HUMAN DEVELOPMENT. Takes you inside the secret world of girls' friendships, translating and decoding them so parents can better understand and help their daughters navigate through these crucial years. "A useful how-to manual for parents, with step-by-step instructions for what to do in the trickiest situations." -- Newsweek (Key Words: Parenting, Rosalind Wiseman, Human Development, Teenage Girls). book. Nº de ref. del artículo: 89386X1
Descripción Three Rivers Press, 2002. Condición: New. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: M1400047927
Descripción Three Rivers Press, 2002. Paperback. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P111400047927