Buildings and Structures in Letterkenny: St Eunan's College, an Grianán Theatre, Architecture of Letterkenny, Rockhill Barracks

 
9781155331027: Buildings and Structures in Letterkenny: St Eunan's College, an Grianán Theatre, Architecture of Letterkenny, Rockhill Barracks
From the Publisher:

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Pages: 100. Not illustrated. Chapters: St Eunan's College, an Grianán Theatre, Architecture of Letterkenny, Rockhill Barracks, Grill Music Venue, St Eunan's Cathedral, Letterkenny Regional Sports and Leisure Complex, Letterkenny General Hospital, St. Conal's Psychiatric Hospital, Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Loreto Convent, Scoil Colmcille, Letterkenny, Letterkenny Retail Parks, Letterkenny Regional Cultural Centre, Forte Shopping Centre, Letterkenny Library and Arts Centre, Letterkenny Shopping Centre, Donegal County Museum, Club Voodoo, O'donnell Park, Courtyard Shopping Centre, Conwal Parish Church, Coláiste Ailigh, Church of the Irish Martyrs. Excerpt: Saint Eunan's College (Irish: ) is an all-male voluntary secondary school. Located in Glencar, Letterkenny (Leitir Ceanainn), County Donegal (Dún na nGall) in the Republic of Ireland, the building is a three-storey castle with four round towers at each corner of the building. The school is named after the Abbot of Iona St. Eunan, a native of Donegal and patron saint of the Diocese of Raphoe. The college celebrated its centenary in 2006. Saint Eunan's College was founded as a boarding school in 1906 by the then Bishop of Raphoe, Patrick O' Donnell. Originally intended as a minor seminary, it was designed to prepare students for the Roman Catholic priesthood. Diocesan colleges became an increasingly popular feature at the time and were designed to give the best possible Catholic education to boys of every class. St. Eunan's CollegeThe student population expanded in the 1920s and it was necessary to build a new extension to the College in the early 1930s. The current recreation hall was built in 1958 and the science block in 1968. The College Chapel was designed by J.J. Robinson, the architect of Galway Cathedral. It was completed in 1961 at a cost of £42,000. The 'new building' ...

"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.

(Ningún ejemplar disponible)

Buscar:



Crear una petición

Si conoce el autor y el título del libro pero no lo encuentra en IberLibro, nosotros podemos buscarlo por usted e informarle por e-mail en cuanto el libro esté disponible en nuestras páginas web.

Crear una petición