Fusarium: Paul E. Nelson Memorial Symposium is a book on this significant fungal genus, one of the most economically important groups of fungi causing diseases on a wide variety of plants. This book is a collection of papers written by world authorities in Fusarium research as presented at a memorial symposium held in commemoration of the life of Professor Paul E. Nelson. Throughout his noteworthy career, many participants collaborated with Professor Nelson on a wide range of issues.
This volume covers widespread research in many Fusarium subject areas for those interested in Fusarium at an introductory level or those who have studied Fusarium extensively. There has been no similar book on this subject published in many years, and since then many aspects of the biology of this fungus have changed considerably. For users of the green book , this book is the perfect complement.
During a period when there is a lot of confusion about the taxonomy, biology, and genetics of the fungus, the publication of Fusarium: Paul E. Nelson Memorial Symposium is a useful resource for mycologists, plant scientists, ecologists, microbiologists, mycotoxicologists, fungal geneticists, educators, students, and others interested in Fusarium.
- Comprehensive information on many important diseases caused by Fusarium
- The taxonomy of the genus Fusarium
- The genetics, ecology, chemistry, and production of the various mycotoxins Fusarium produces
- The biology of Fusarium and how it relates to agricultural production in all parts of the world
- Guide to identification of Gibberella sp. to allow plant scientists to accurately diagnose the disease it causes
- Literature reviews of several important agricultural diseases
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Amer Phytopathological Society, 2001. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Used: Good. Nº de ref. de la librería SONG0890542686