Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Biografía del autor:
Neuroscience guides students through the challenges and excitement of this rapidly changing field. The book's length and accessibility of its writing are a successful combination that has proven to work equally well for medical students and in undergraduate neuroscience courses.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
* Thoroughly revised and updated, including substantial revisions of chapters on: The Somatic Sensory System, The Visual System, The Chemical Senses, Upper Motor Neuron Control, The Basal Ganglia, and Sex and Sexuality.
* New chapter on Synaptic Plasticity
* New chapter on Repair and Regeneration in the Nervous System
* Free Sylvius 4.0 download included with every book (see below)
* New appendix presenting an illustrated narrative of human neuroanatomy
* Revised and expanded full colour art
* Companion Website at www.sinauer.com/neuroscience4e: Offers a range of study tools including Chapter Summaries, Animations, Online Quizzes, and Flashcards.
* Sylvius 4.0: Interactive Atlas and Visual Glossary of the Human Central Nervous System
By S. Mark Williams, Leonard E. White, and Andrew C. Mace
The new Sylvius 4.0 provides a unique computer-based learning environment for exploring and understanding the structure of the human central nervous system. Sylvius 4.0 features fully annotated surface views of the human brain, as well as interactive tools for dissecting the central nervous system and viewing fully annotated cross-sections of preserved specimens and living subjects imaged by magnetic resonance. This newly expanded and reconfigured Sylvius 4.0 is more than a conventional atlas; it incorporates a comprehensive, visually rich, searchable database of more than 500 neuroanatomical terms that are concisely defined and visualized in photographs, magnetic resonance images, and illustrations from Neuroscience, Fourth Edition. For users familiar with its predecessors, this version of Sylvius unites the atlas content and utility of SylviusPro (and earlier versions of Sylvius) with the reference content of SylviusVG (and Sylvius for Neuroscience), making this version of Sylvius a single source for teaching and understanding the organization of the human central nervous system. The new Sylvius 4.0 is an excellent resource for neuroscience educators, medical students, physical therapy students, other postgraduate and professional learners, as well as undergraduate pre-medical and biological psychology students.
LECTURER SUPPLEMENTS (Only available for confirmed adopters of the textbook - see details below)
* Instructor's Resource Library (978-0-87893-701-1): Includes a variety of resources to help in developing your course and delivering your lectures, such as Textbook Figures and Tables in JPEG format and PowerPoint presentations, Sylvius Image Library, Animations, Quiz Questions, and Review Questions.
* Online Quizzing is available at the Companion Website www.sinauer.com/neuroscience4e
Lecturers Supplements are available to confirmed adopters of the textbook. To request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title and ISBN of the required supplement together with your academic details:
Your Job Title
Your academic address
Your academic email
Module start date
Module student numbers
DALE PURVES, M.D. Duke University, USA
GEORGE J. AUGUSTINE, Ph.D. Duke University, USA
DAVID FITZPATRICK, Ph.D. Duke University, USA
WILLIAM C. HALL
ANTHONY-SAMUEL LAMANTIA, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
JAMES O. MCNAMARA, Duke University, USA
LEONARD E. WHITE, Duke University, USA
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Sinauer Associates, Inc., 2008. Hardcover. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P110878936971
Descripción Sinauer Associates, Inc., 2008. Hardcover. Condición: New. Brand New!. Nº de ref. del artículo: VIB0878936971
Descripción Sinauer Associates, Inc., 2008. Condición: New. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: M0878936971
Descripción Sinauer Associates, Inc. Hardcover. Condición: New. 0878936971 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Nº de ref. del artículo: Z0878936971ZN