To become truly "college and career ready," students need to be able to communicate effectively in writing and teachers need to be confident and prepared to teach writing in ways that motivate, encourage, and challenge students to higher levels. In this groundbreaking volume, renowned researchers and beloved classroom educators come together to provide research-based instructional strategies that can encourage your students' writing skills and, perhaps even more important, increase student engagement and motivation to write.
A stellar team of contributors delves into critical topics such as
* What writing instruction should look like in the age of high standards
* The power of mentor texts to teach narrative and informational writing skills
* Strategies for teaching argumentative and persuasive writing
* The importance of vision, choice, and identity in motivating reluctant and developing writers
* Innovative ideas for using digital tools in grades K 3 and 4 6
* Implementing multigenre projects that integrate social studies or science with the language arts
Write Now! can empower you to make important research-based instructional decisions. It can also be a go-to source for countless practical tips, strategies, techniques, and concrete examples to help you expand the writing expertise of typical and challenged learners.
With Contributions From
* Timothy Shanahan
* Steve Graham & Karen R. Harris
* Lynne R. Dorfman & Rose Cappelli
* Matt Glover
* Carol Jago
* Karen R. Harris, Steve Graham, Amber B. Chambers, & Julia D. Houston
* Michael W. Smith, Jon-Philip Imbrenda, & Jeffrey D. Wilhelm
* Karen A. Pelekis & Carole C. Phillips
* Kathy Ganske
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Intl Reading Assn, 2014. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P11087207353X
Descripción Intl Reading Assn 2014-08-04, 2014. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 087207353X We guarantee all of our items - customer service and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please allow 4 - 14 business days for Standard shipping, within the US. Nº de ref. de la librería TM-087207353X
Descripción Intl Reading Assn. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 087207353X New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW7.0899584