This guide covers Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Brunei. It includes a 32 page colour safari guide; features trekking in Tanzania gorilla spotting in Rwanda and safari tours in Kenya; up-to-date information on places to eat, sleep and shop; and information on the region's tribal groups and cultures.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
From Antarctica to Zimbabwe, if you're going there, chances are Lonely Planet has been there first. With a pithy and matter-of-fact writing style, these guides are guaranteed to calm the nerves of first-time world travelers, while still listing off-the-beaten-path finds sure to thrill even the most jaded globetrotters. Lonely Planet has been perfecting its guidebooks for nearly 30 years and as a result, has the experience and know-how similar to an older sibling's "been there" advice. The original backpacker's bible, the LP series has recently widened its reach. While still giving insights for the low-budget traveler, the books now list a wide range of accommodations and itineraries for those with less time than money.
Considered the Bible of East African travel, this LP guide offers useful critiques of places to eat and stay--from camping and cooking your own grub to offerings in high-end hotels; advises you on how to choose an organized safari or plan your own; provides national park essentials; offers details on Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Kenya treks; and will get you interacting with the locals by way of its helpful Swahili language section. With useful background on the region's diverse people, cultures, and politics, the book also contains an excellent 32-page color wildlife guide with creatures ranging from bongos to baboons. --Kathryn TrueFrom the Publisher:
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Lonely Planet, 2000. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110864426763