Covering a wide variety of cakes, pies, cupcakes, mousses and French pastries, Sweet Vegan is the cookbook for anyone who likes to indulge in guilt-free goodness. Emily Mainquist's vegan desserts are moist, rich, flavoursome and cholesterol-free. They're easy to make and taste just as amazing as their non-vegan counterparts, if not better. Every recipe in the book is vegan, but Emily also includes a recipe for her much sought-after, gluten-free flour mix, so that many recipes are adaptable for gluten-free diets, and she offers a few raw desserts too, so that readers can try out a whole range of options. Includes over 70 recipes, such as Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, Toffee Squares, Pumpkin Spice Cake, Cinnamon Cranberry Muffins and Dutch Apple Pie. With full-colour photographs throughout, as well as useful step-by-step shots, Sweet Vegan is the perfect way to replicate Emily's gourmet vegan baking in your very own kitchen.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE CRUST
SERVES 8 TO 10
10 chocolate sandwich cookies
½ teaspoon ground coffee
3 tablespoons butter substitute, melted
8 ounces tofu cream cheese, at room temperature
⅔ cup evaporated cane juice
½ cup tofu sour cream
3 teaspoons egg replacer, whisked with 4 tablespoons warm water
8 ounces gluten-free chocolate chips
4 ounces gluten-free chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter substitute
1 teaspoon light agave
2 tablespoons tofu sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. MAKE THE CRUST: Finely crush the sandwich cookies in a food processor, for about 1 minute. Pour into a medium bowl and add the ground coffee. Stir in the melted butter substitute. Press the crust into a 9-inch disposable pie plate.
3. MAKE THE FILLING: Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the cane juice and sour cream and mix for 1 minute at medium speed. Add the egg replacer and mix for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted. Pour the chocolate into the mixing bowl while the motor is running, then blend on high speed for 1 minute. Pour into the crust.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the fi lling slightly puffs around the edges and the center is slightly fi rm. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Once cooled, remove the disposable pie plate and place the cheesecake on a serving dish.
6. MEANWHILE, MAKE THE GLAZE: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter substitute, about 1 minute. Add the agave and sour cream and stir until combined. Pour over the cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. This cheesecake is a chocoholic's dream. Crisp chocolate cookie crust, rich chocolate fi lling, and decadent chocolate ganache topping make up these three layers of chocolate bliss. This is extra delicious served with fresh berries.
Emily is donating a percentage of her proceeds to Farm Sanctuary, the nation's leading farm animal protection organization. Since incorporating in 1986, Farm Sanctuary has worked to expose and stop cruel practices of the "food animal" industry through research and investigations, legal and institutional reforms, public awareness projects, youth education, and direct rescue and refuge efforts. Farm Sanctuary shelters in Watkins Glen, NY, and Orland, CA, provide lifelong care for hundreds of rescued animals, who have become ambassadors for farm animals everywhere by educating visitors about the realities of factory farming.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería 1822
Descripción Kyle Cathie Limited, 2011. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0857830015
Descripción Kyle Cathie Limited, 2011. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110857830015
Descripción Kyle Books, 2011. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Brand new book. Fast shipping form our UK warehouse in eco-friendly packaging. Fast, efficient and friendly customer service. Nº de ref. de la librería 9780857830012N