Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
'David Silverman's stellar new text demonstrates both his methodological sophistication and ability to reach students. With its well-organized format and accessible writing, this book provides an inspiring guide for novices and an excellent teaching tool for instructors. The book is clear, cogent, and remarkably current. Silverman introduces students to numerous recent innovations and advances in qualitative methods as he makes the research process understandable and manageable' -
Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, USA
'Silverman sets the benchmark for books on qualitative research and data analysis. They work well in teaching but are consulted by the experts. His experience and close engagement with contemporary developments is without equal. Interpreting Qualitative Data has helped shape contemporary qualitative research. As far as I am concerned, with this new edition the best just got better!' -
Reseña del editor:
Jonathan Potter, Head of the Department of Social Sciences
This is the perfect book for any student new to qualitative research. In this exciting and major updating of his bestselling, benchmark text, David Silverman walks the reader through the basics of gathering and analysing qualitative data.
David Silverman offers beginners unrivalled hands-on guidance necessary to get the best out of a research methods course or an undergraduate research project.
New to the fourth edition:
- A new chapter on data analysis dealing with grounded theory, discourse analysis and narrative analysis
- Further worked-through examples of different kinds of data and how to interpret them
- A separate section on focus groups and interpreting focus group data
- An expanded ethics chapter
- More coverage of digital media and photographs as data
- A companion website with additional case studies and examples, links to SAGE journals online, and links to useful websites, podcasts and Youtube videos.
This fourth edition is also accompanied with its own group page on www.methodspace.com where users can give feedback and discuss research issues.Visit www.methodspace.com/group/silverman
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción SAGE Publications Ltd, 2011. Hardcover. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P110857024205
Descripción SAGE Publications Ltd, 2011. Condición: New. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: M0857024205