The success of the Reform Movement's Outreach to interfaith couples is evident in every Reform congregation in North America. Just look around your own congregation! Welcoming non-Jewish partners and inviting them to participate in meaningful and appropriate ways requires careful thought and policy setting. What leadership roles should be reserved for Jews? How will non-Jewish family members know they're welcome and how they can be included? This revised and updated edition of Defining the Role of the Non-Jew in the Synagogue draws on the experience and expertise of the past 10 years to guide congregations in a deliberative and successful policy setting process.
The best of the two earlier volumes is included along with new chapters on the following topics:
- a sampler of the full range of current policies on membership, voting and governance
- discussion and examples of a spectrum of ways to honor non-Jewish family members at a bar or bat mitzvah
- examples of the process of policy setting in congregations of various sizes, with policy
- language included
- the special challenges of setting policy in small congregations
- welcoming families and setting clear guidelines for religious school enrollment and involvement
- end-of-life issues for interfaith families and synagogue responses
- additional resources on affiliate policies, an index of Outreach-related responsa, and more!
If your congregation is just starting to study its general policies or if you are fine-tuning language for a religious school enrollment brochure or coordinating your WRJ policy with that of your congregation, this volume will surely be of assistance.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Urj Press, 2003. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0807408816
Descripción Urj Press, 2003. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110807408816
Descripción Urj Press, 2003. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0807408816