Carolyne Roehm, one of America’s leading tastemakers, trendsetters, and lifestyle experts showcases her passion for entertaining in this glorious sequel to At Home with Carolyne Roehm.
In A Passion for Parties, Carolyne Roehm presents her dazzlingly creative ideas for every kind of event, from a black-and-white dinner dance to a spring tulip celebration. Original themes, detailed decorating tips, gorgeous table settings and floral arrangements, as well as more than forty outstanding and surprisingly easy recipes–are all here to lend your next occasion the sumptuous touches that are the hallmarks of Carolyne Roehm’s style.
The book offers practical advice and inspiration and even a way to partake in these breathtakingly exquisite events, both behind the scenes and as they take place.
Whether it is an intimate Valentine’s Day in Paris or an Autumn Barn Dance for seventy, all of the events depicted here are equally splendid. Organized seasonally, the book features ideas for small gatherings (Christmas Dinner in Aspen) or big blowout events (a Fourth of July dinner with fireworks) and family festivities (a seventy-fifth birthday party, a Dickens-inspired Halloween; a children’s Christmas cookie-decorating party). Recipes include Mini Lemon Crepes Stuffed with Lobster, Chilled Zucchini Soup with Toasted Coconut, Baby Back Ribs with Rhubarb Barbecue Sauce, and Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce.
As stunning and stylish as its author, and stamped with her inimitable flair, Carolyne Roehm’s A Passion for Parties is a must for the party planner or daydreamer in us all.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
After a decade with Oscar de la Renta, Carolyne Roehm left to create her own acclaimed fashion line. The author of A Passion for Flowers, the four Seasonal Notebooks, At Home with Carolyne Roehm, and most recently, Presentations, Carolyne lives in New York, Connecticut, and Colorado. Her new line of giftwrap is showcased on her Web site, www.carolyneroehm.com.Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.:
Cornish Game Hens
At Christmastime, a simple but elegant meal can be a relief after the cocktails and canapés, sweets and savories, and over–the–top entrees one eats during the holidays. This recipe is easy to make and dramatic to present.
Serves 2 to 4
2 Cornish game hens (1 1/2 pounds each)
12 red or green seedless grapes
2 sprigs fresh tarragon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Sat and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Remove the giblets and necks from the hens; reserve for another use or discard. Rinse the hens inside and out with cold running water and drain well. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Stuff each of the hens with half the grapes and a spring of tarragon.
4. Rub each bird with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh thyme, salt, and pepper.
5. Place the hens, breast side up, on a rack in a small roasting pan and cook for 15 minutes. Lower the heat to 350°F and continue roasting for 20 to 30 minutes, basting frequently, until the hens are tender and juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with the tip of a knife.
6. Remove the pan from oven, arrange the hens on a platter, and serve.
Puree of Squash and Fried Sage Butter
Sage is an herb that is strongly associated with the holidays, from its seasoning of Thanksgiving stuffing to its role in this delicious accompaniment.
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 1/2–pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2–inch pieces
1/2 cup vegetable broth
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh sage.
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the squash, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Pour in the broth and simmer until the squash is soft, about 12 minutes. Let cool.
3. Working in batches, puree the squash in a blender or food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Return the squash to the pan and reheat.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the sage and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over the squash and serve.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Potter Style, 2006. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. New. There is a slight shelf or time wear. Otherwise new.We Ship Every Day! Free Tracking Number Included! International Buyers Are Welcome! Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Nº de ref. de la librería 343098906t
Descripción Potter Style, 2006. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110767925238
Descripción Potter Style. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 0767925238 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW7.0333462
Descripción Potter Style, 2006. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0767925238