* Everything readers need to construct firewalls that protect computer networks from attacks and intrusions
* Covers the migration from ipchains and how to mange iptable log files
* Reviews the customization of firewalls, the Red Hat firewall tool, the firewall setup, and advanced firewall features
* Includes numerous examples of firewalls and firewall administration techniques that work on Red Hat Linux systems
* Explains how to cost-justify, implement, test, and operate packet filtering firewalls constructed using Red Hat Linux
RED HAT(r) PRESS(TM)
Linux Solutions from the Experts at Red Hat
Red Hat-the world's leading Linux company-presents a series of unrivaled guides that are reviewed and approved by the experts at Red Hat. Each book is packed with invaluable tips and techniques that are ideal for everyone from beginning to advanced network and systems professionals, as well as home and small businesses.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Your Official Red Hat Linux Guide to Firewalls
Reviewed and approved by the experts at Red Hat, this comprehensive reference guide gives you all the tools to construct firewalls on a Red Hat server that will lock out intruders and defend your network against attacks.
Red Hat Linux expert and IT professor Bill McCarty begins by giving you a solid foundation in security technology and philosophy. You'll examine the importance of perimeter security and the central role packet-filtering firewalls play, understand the network traffic patterns associated with common Internet services, and explore ways to develop firewall policies that permit, prohibit, or restrict use. With this groundwork in place, you then discover how to cost-justify, design, implement, test, and operate packet-filtering firewalls constructed with Red Hat Linux. You'll also gain valuable information about related topics, such as implementing bastion hosts and detecting network intrusion.
This guidebook arms you with everything you need to secure your Red Hat Linux system with state-of-the-art firewalls.
Proven Security Solutions with Red Hat Linux Firewalls
* Examine the migration from ipchains in earlier releases of Red Hat Linux to the iptables in Red Hat Linux 8
* Manage iptable log files
* Customize firewalls produced with lokkit
* Learn how to use Red Hat Linux with the traditional bastion host firewall setup
* Discover IP masquerading, network address translation, and other advanced Red Hat firewall features
* Study firewalls and firewall administration techniques that work "out of the box" on Red Hat Linux systems
* Gain a working knowledge of firewall design, implementation, and administration
"Learn how to protect your network from evil attackers, and from yourself, by making a firewall using Red Hat Linux and other open source software."
-Mark J. Cox, Senior Director of Engineering, Red Hat
Bill McCarty is Associate Professor of Information Technology at Azusa Pacific University, where he teaches Linux system and network administration. He is also the author of Learning Red Hat Linux and a former contributing editor and columnist for Linux Magazine.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción *Red Hat, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110764524631
Descripción John Wiley & Sons. Estado de conservación: New. pp. 650. Nº de ref. de la librería 7576417
Descripción *Red Hat. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0764524631 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW7.1263982
Descripción *Red Hat, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 1. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0764524631