'O'Leary has written her book for the student; however she delves beyond the "how-to" of most introductory research texts...From determining an appropriate sample size to navigating political processes in evaluative research, O'Leary stays grounded in the practical, often re-emphasizing the importance of "doability" in planning and conducting any type of research' - The Weekly Qualitative ReportReseña del editor:
The Essential Guide to Doing Research is a comprehensive, practical, and engaging guide to understanding and embarking upon social science research. By adopting a clear and accessible approach, Zina O'Leary encourages students to think about, and engage with, every aspect of the research process.
The book stresses that all good research should be seen as a process of constantly assessing one's work and making decisions about the best possible means for obtaining credible data and results.
The Essential Guide to Doing Research is therefore designed to encourage lateral, strategic and creative thinking, while providing essential knowledge and skills to students and researchers.
Key features of the text include:
- coverage of all aspects of doing research, from research design to implementation and dissemination
- an emphasis on the creative and strategic thinking skills needed to negotiate the research process
- extensive use of figures and diagrams to illustrate key points and to create clarity
- chapter previews and summaries; and encouragement for the reader to think for themselves about the best research methods that are suited to their research project
- 223 slides that cover all 13 chapters of the work accompany the book. They can be printed out as separate transparencies or used in PowerPoint based lectures. They would also be suitable for applications in e-learning/ web-based teaching. To access these, please click on the Companion Website logo above
This is a clear and inspiring book. It is a must for both undergraduates and postgraduate researchers embarking on, or already involved in, a research project across the social sciences.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción SAGE Publications Ltd, 2004. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110761941991
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97807619419961.0