"Paton has a distinguished career as an evaluation researcher and his experience in applying the tools of qualitative research to address the questions and concerns of those in the world of practice come through clearly… a gem of a discussion of sampling strategies in qualitative research that is useful not only to prospective researchers but also to more seasoned ones. It is the most complete and carefully reasoned consideration of sampling in qualitative research that I have encountered"(Organizational Research Methods) From the Publisher:
The completely revised and updated edition of this methodological classic continues to provide practical, comprehensive and strategic guidance on qualitative design, purposeful sampling, interviewing, fieldwork, observation methods, and qualitative analysis and interpretation while integrating the extensive qualitative literature of the last decade.
New to this edition:
- Twelve primary strategic themes of qualitative inquiry to clarify readers’ understanding of the different strands of qualitative research
- Five distinct criteria-based frameworks for presenting and judging qualitative findings
- Sixteen different theoretical and philosophical approaches to qualitative inquiry identified, compared and contrasted
- Variations in observational methods, including historical perspectives, ethical issues, and case studies
- Alternative interviewing strategies and approaches, including focus group interviews, group interviews, and cross-cultural interviews
- Additional new coverage on: new issues in and approaches to fieldwork; in-depth treatment of emergent designs and purposeful sampling; detailed analytical guidelines, including software and computer-assisted options; strategies for enhancing quality and credibility of qualitative findings, mixed methods, and triangulation; and, a review and listing of the latest internet resources
The book examines and honours both the science and art of qualitative inquiry. The qualities that made previous editions of this widely used book so highly valued by both seasoned professionals and students continue to shine through in this revision, including Patton's extensive experience, broad perspective, inclusive sensitivity, concrete examples, pragmatic orientation, and fine writing.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción SAGE Publications, Inc, 2001. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 3rd. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0761919716
Descripción SAGE Publications, Inc. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 0761919716 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW6.0401549
Descripción SAGE Publications, Inc, 2001. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110761919716
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97807619197111.0
Descripción Sage Pubns, 2001. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 3rd edition. 688 pages. 10.75x7.75x1.50 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería __0761919716
Descripción SAGE Publications, Inc, 2001. Estado de conservación: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: PART I. CONCEPTUAL ISSUES IN QUALITATIVE INQUIRY1. The Nature of Qualitative Inquiry2. Strategic Themes in Qualitative Inquiry3. Variety in Qualitative Inquiry: Theoretical Orientations4. Particularly Appropriate Qualitative ApplicationsPART II. QUALITATIVE DESIGNS AND DATA COLLECTION5. Designing Qualitative Studies6. Fieldwork Strategies and Observation Methods7. Qualitative InterviewingPART III. ANALYSIS, INTERPRETATION AND REPORTING8. Qualitative Analysis and Interpretation9. Enhancing the Quality and Credibility of Qualitative Analysis. Nº de ref. de la librería ABE_book_new_0761919716