Education is an obsession for parents and children alike and parents will worry about anything to do with their children's schooling, from which school to choose and when their child should start to what they need to learn and how they'll cope in the playground.
Schools are crying out for parents to become more involved in their children's education. A Parents' Guide to Primary School contains indispensable advice on:
- Pre-school and choosing the right primary school
- Getting ready for school and the first day
- The curriculum, SATs, homework and the importance of parents' involvement in their children's learning
- Discipline and bullying
- Governors and the PTA - how to get involved
- Parents' evenings and reports
- Extracurricular activities
- Special needs
- Moving on - preparing for secondary schoolContraportada:
Everything you need to know about primary school and beyond - from the importance of pre-school to preparing for secondary school
* Where and when to send your child to primary school
* Preparing for school and the dreaded first day
* The curriculum, SATs and homework
* Becoming more involved in your child's education
Tears and tantrums are the hallmarks of the first day of primary school. Only nowadays the children are fine; it's the parents who bawl as they are separated from their offspring.
Elizabeth Grahamslaw - journalist, regular contributor to The Good School's Guide and self-confessed 'sickeningly conscientious parent' - knows only too well the worries that prey on the minds of anxious mums and dads as that first day looms ever closer. We agonise over where to send our children, and when; how they'll make friends; and how they'll cope with lessons. But in the process we often lose sight of the little essentials that teachers wish to goodness we'd remember.
Before you begin poring over Ofsted reports, take time to read this enlightening and entertaining guide. Fully updated with a brand new chapter on the topical subject of children's nutrition in schools. A Parents' Guide to Primary School contains all the practical advice you need to become more involved in your children's education.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Virgin Books. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería zk0753522772