Global Airlines: Competition in a Transnational Industry presents an overview of the changing scene in air transport covering current issues such as security, no frills airlines, 'open skies' agreements, the outcome of the recent downturn in economic activity and the emergence of transnational airlines, and takes a forward looking view of these challenges for the industry.
Since the publication of the second edition in 1999 major changes have occurred in the industry. The 'rules of the game' in air transport are now beginning to change; and it is time to take the story forward. This third edition contains nine new chapters and tackles the following issues amongst others:
* Security: The tragic events of 11 September 2001, followed by the war in Iraq, and the resultant heightened tensions over security and passenger safety.
* Financial instability: the cyclical downturn in economic activity has led some airlines to the verge of bankruptcy. Even some large well-established carriers are not immune from this. How can the industry look to survive?
* Attaining global reach: implications of transborder mergers, open skies agreements and the transatlantic Common Aviation area. Can full globalisation ever be reached?
* Low-cost carriers and e-commerce: as both increase, how much the industry re-structure and deal with issues associated with increased passenger traffic and decreased labour requirements?
* Airport capacity: Air traffic is estimated to grow at a long-term average annual rate of 5 per cent per annum. But many airports in many parts of the world are already reaching their capacity limits. How can this be overcome and are the environmental implications?
Using up to date data and case studies from major international airlines such as United Airlines, British Airways, and Qantas amongst many others, Global Airlines provides a comprehensive insight into today's global airline industry.
* Addresses the critical issues in the development of the airline industry and considers options for airline strategies and government policies
* Updated to reflect recent developments including security issues, no frills airlines, 'open skies' agreements and the recent downturn in economic activity, and what this means for the future of the industry.
* Facts and theories are interwoven throughout the text
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Routledge, 2016. Paperback. Estado de conservación: NEW. 9780750664394 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Print on Demand title, produced to the highest standard, and there would be a delay in dispatch of around 15 working days. Nº de ref. de la librería HTANDREE0266430
Descripción Taylor and Francis, 2007. PAP. Estado de conservación: New. New Book. Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000. Nº de ref. de la librería VT-9780750664394
Descripción Routledge, 2007. Estado de conservación: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Preface; Introduction; The airline industry; Competition issues; Route networks; Scheduling through hubs; Pricing and predatory behaviour; Mergers and acquisitions; Transnational airlines; Appendix: A classification of airline alliances; Recommendations for further reading; References; Index. Nº de ref. de la librería ABE_book_new_0750664398
Descripción Routledge. Estado de conservación: BRAND NEW. -388pp - This title is now printed on demand - please allow an added 2-3 weeks for shipment! A Brand New Quality Book from a Full-Time Bookshop in business since 1992!. Nº de ref. de la librería 2004896
Descripción Routledge, 2007. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería 0750664398
Descripción Routledge, 2007. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 3. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0750664398
Descripción Routledge, 2007. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110750664398
Descripción Routledge. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0750664398 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW4.0387273