Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Book by Mason Peter
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
"...an extremely welcome text... balancing confidence in its topic with accessibility and clarity."
- Bryn Parry, Senior Lecturer, Southampton Business School, UK
"Mason's book is a digest of the theory and practice of management and planning of tourism impact. Succinctly and clearly written it provides an excellent introduction to the subject.
The book contains many well thought out case studies from many different countries and on a wide variety of topics. Many of them are based directly on the work of the author and his research associates. This first hand approach adds credibility to much of what is discussed in the book."
-Keith Dewar, University of New Brunswick, Saint John, Canada
Tourism Impacts, Planning and Management is a unique text, which links these three key areas of tourism: impacts, planning and management.
Tourism impacts are multi-faceted and therefore are difficult to plan for and manage. This book looks at all the key players involved - be they tourists, host communities or industry members - and considers a number of approaches and techniques for managing tourism successfully.
Divided into four parts, this text discusses:
* The growth, development and impacts of tourism
* Tourism planning and management: concepts, issues and key players
* Tools and techniques in tourism planning and management: education, regulation and information technology
* The future of tourism planning and management: issues of sustainability and the future
Up-to-date, international case studies are used, for example the impacts of 9/11 and terrorism in Bali, to illustrate and provide a real-life context for the theories discussed. Exercises are also included to consolidate learning.
* Links impacts, planning and management in tourism
* Global coverage and perspective with cases and examples from the UK, Australia and USA
* Takes an applied approach, using international case studies to explain and illustrate the theories discussed
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Butterworth-Heinemann, 2003. Paperback. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P11075065970X
Descripción Butterworth-Heinemann, 2003. Condición: New. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: M075065970X
Descripción Butterworth-Heinemann, 2003. Paperback. Condición: New. 1. Nº de ref. del artículo: DADAX075065970X