Based on the single largest neuromarketing study ever conducted, Buyology reveals surprising truths about what attracts our attention and captures our dollars. Among the long-held assumptions and myths Buyology confronts:
· Sex doesn’t sell - people in skimpy clothing and provocative poses don’t persuade us to buy products.
· Despite government bans, subliminal advertising is ubiquitous — from bars to supermarkets to highway billboards.
· Color can be so iconic that the sight of the robin’s egg blue of a certain famous jewelry brand significantly raises women’s heart rates.
· Companies shamelessly borrow from religion and ritual — like the ritual, made up by a bored American bartender, of drinking a Corona with a lime — to seduce our interest.
· “Cool” brands, like iPods, trigger our mating instincts.
The fact is, so much of what we thought we knew about why we buy is wrong. Drawing on a three-year, 7 million dollar, cutting-edge brain scan study of over 2000 people from around the world, marketing guru Martin Lindstrom’s revelations will captivate anyone who’s been seduced —or turned off— by marketers relentless efforts to win our loyalty, our money and our minds.
Packed with entertaining stories about how we respond to such well-known products and companies as Marlboro, Calvin Klein, Ford, and American Idol, Buyology is a fascinating tour into the mind of today’s consumer.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
New research shows how we really make buying decisionsFrom the Back Cover:
Why did most people who took the 'Pepsi challenge' say they preferred Pepsi but then carried on buying Coca-Cola?
Why do the majority of anti-smoking campaigns inadvertently encourage people to smoke?
Why does the scent of melons help sell electronic products?
If you're bewildered by these questions, then Buy-ology will make everything clear. Written by one of the world's top branding gurus, and drawing on state-of-the-art research, it shows why we don't always buy things for the reasons we think we do.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Random House Audio 2008-10-21, 2008. Audio CD. Estado de conservación: good. Unabridged. 0739376012. Nº de ref. de la librería 719170
Descripción Random House Audio, 2008. Audio CD. Estado de conservación: Good. Unabridged. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Nº de ref. de la librería 0739376012