The world of adapted physical education and sport continues to undergo both legislative and practical changes. Those who want to stay abreast of those changes and provide people with disabilities the best physical education and sport experiences possible will benefit from Adapted Physical Education and Sport, Fourth Edition.
Specifically, the book helps teachers fulfill these requirements:
- Provide education compatible with the definition of special education
- Identify the unique needs of each person within the program
- Offer personalized education specific to each participant's needs
- Provide the most included, integrated setting possible for each individual with disabilities
Adapted Physical Education and Sport, Fourth Edition prepares readers to provide services in the most included setting for each individual. The following are among the new features in this edition:
- Chapter updates to incorporate current legislation
- Expanded coverage of inclusion
- Greater focus on adapted sport, exploring the opportunities in various sports
- Major revisions to the measurement and assessment chapter to reflect advances, particularly in alternative assessment
- DVD version of the Brockport Physical Fitness Test Video bound into the textbook
- Greater attention on behavioral disabilities, with practical applications consistent with IDEA provided for youngsters with behavioral disabilities
- New chapter on pervasive developmental disabilities
- More emphasis on working with individuals with visual impairments, hearing impairments, or both
- Expanded and updated instructor guide and test package, plus a new presentation package
Part I introduces foundational topics in adapted physical education and sport, including program organization and management, adapted sport, individualized programs, and instructional strategies. It helps teachers and leaders to plan, assess, prescribe, teach, and evaluate adapted physical education. Part II explores the unique physical education needs of students with various disabilities.
Part III examines developmental considerations, including motor development, perceptual motor development, and considerations for infants and toddlers as well as for early childhood. In part IV the focus is on physical activities and sports for people with disabilities. It includes chapters on rhythmic movement and dance, aquatics, team sports, individual and adventure sports, and enhancing wheelchair sport performance. Each chapter identifies skills, lead-up activities, modifications, and variations to make the experience meaningful, motivating, and fun for the participants.
Chapter-opening vignettes and numerous real-life problems that must be solved help readers learn and apply the material. Adapted Physical Education and Sport, Fourth Edition, will help practitioners bring out the capabilities of each individual.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Joseph P. Winnick, EdD, is distinguished service professor of physical education and sport at State University of New York, College at Brockport, where he has taught adapted physical education for 40 years. Renowned for his research in adapted physical education, he is the author of the Brockport Physical Fitness Test Manual and related resources, which present the best physical fitness test available for youths with disabilities.
Dr. Winnick developed and implemented America's first master's degree professional preparation program in adapted physical education at Brockport in 1968. Since that time he has secured funds from the U.S. Department of Education to support the program. He has received the Professional Recognition Award from the Adapted Physical Activity Council of AAHPERD, the G. Lawrence Rarick Research Award, and the Hollis Fait Scholarly Contribution Award. Dr. Winnick earned master's and doctoral degrees from Temple University.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Human Kinetics Publishers,US, Champaign, IL, 2005. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 4th Edition. Book in excellent condition, pages are crisp!! Includes CD. Multiple copies available this title. Quantity Available: 2. Category: Sports & Pastimes; ISBN: 073605216x. ISBN/EAN: 9780736052160. Pictures of this item not already displayed here available upon request. Inventory No: 1560761214. Nº de ref. de la librería 1560761214
Descripción Human Kinetics, 2005. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P11073605216X
Descripción Human Kinetics. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 073605216X New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW6.0957622
Descripción Human Kinetics, 2005. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 4. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX073605216X
Descripción Human Kinetics Publishers. Estado de conservación: New. pp. 592. Nº de ref. de la librería 8355720