Josh Mendel has a secret. Unfortunately, everyone knows what it is.
Five years ago, Josh’s life changed. Drastically. And everyone in his school, his town—seems like the world—thinks they understand. But they don’t—they can’t. And now, about to graduate from high school, Josh is still trying to sort through the pieces. First there’s Rachel, the girl he thought he’d lost years ago. She’s back, and she’s determined to be part of his life, whether he wants her there or not.Then there are college decisions to make, and the toughest baseball game of his life coming up, and a coach who won’t stop pushing Josh all the way to the brink. And then there’s Eve. Her return brings with it all the memories of Josh’s past. It’s time for Josh to face the truth about what happened.
If only he knew what the truth was . . .
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Barry Lyga is a recovering comic book geek and the author of many books, including The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl, Goth Girl Rising, Boy Toy, and Hero-Type for HMH, Wolverine: Worst Day Ever for Marvel Books, and Archvillian for Scholastic. He has also written comic books about everything from sword-wielding nuns to alien revolutionaries. He worked as marketing manager at Diamond Comic Distributers for ten years. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.Visit Barry online at www.barrylyga.com.Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.:
Ten Things I Learned at the Age of Twelve
1. The Black Plague was transmitted by fleas that were carried throughout Europe by rats.
2. If you first paralyze it, you can cut open a frog and watch its lungs continue to inflate and deflate.
3. There are seven forms of the verb to be: am, being, been, is, was, were, and are.
4. In order to divide fractions, you invert the divisor to arrive at the reciprocal, which is then multiplied by the dividend. (Mixed fractions must first be converted to improper fractions.) 5. In Salem, the witches weren’t burned at the stake—they were pressed to death under big rocks . . . or hanged.
6. Islam was founded in the year 610. It is the third of three world religions worshiping the same God.
7. Each point on a “coordinate plane” (created by the joining of an x-axis and a y-axis) can be described by an ordered pair of numbers.
8. “Monotheism” is a belief system centered on a single deity, while “polytheism” subscribes to belief in multiple deities.
9. The area of a circle can be determined by using the formula pr2, where r is the radius of the circle.
10. How to please a woman.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción HMH Books for Young Readers. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 0618723935 Ships promptly. Nº de ref. de la librería HGT6163MTGG032717H0088A
Descripción Houghton Mifflin, 2007. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Estado de la sobrecubierta: As New. 1st Edition. Lyga, Barry. BOY TOY. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2007 first printing. 410pp. 8vo. New hardcover in as new d/j. Nº de ref. de la librería 76338
Descripción HMH Books for Young Readers, 2007. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0618723935
Descripción Houghton Mifflin Books for Children, 2007. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. None. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0618723935
Descripción HMH Books for Young Readers, 2007. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110618723935
Descripción HMH Books for Young Readers. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 0618723935 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW7.0238594