Practical Digital Video with Programming Examples in C Written by an innovator in motion video, this practical, user-friendly guide synthesizes all the vital elements of PC motion video technology in an accessible, nonmathematical way. It helps software developers gain a comprehensive working knowledge of video and multimedia programming. Requiring an essential understanding of electronics and PCs, the book includes twenty software examples with source code to demonstrate state-of-the-art technology and the use of commercial products. This unique resource:
* Details the differences between graphical and natural images, and the reasons for compressing image data
* Describes and compares various kinds of computer displays, including their suitability to natural video
* Explains various methods of color representation and their particular uses in multimedia
* Highlights major data compression techniques and their application in multimedia
* Discusses the full range of available video storage techniques
* Presents several PC video hardware systems and illustrates their effective use
* Covers two mainstream PC video environments--Microsoft Video for Windows and Apple Quicktime
* Spotlights the various ways of processing video information
* Includes detailed references for major digital video standards and storage formats
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Uses a non-mathematical, practical, application-oriented approach to synthesize the technology, products, standards, software and programming possibilities for people interested in the technical aspects of computer multimedia. Covers problems associated with motion pictures and personal computer's display. The disk features 20 sample programs which demonstrate cutting edge technology plus sample motion video clips.About the Author:
About the author PHILLIP E. MATTISON works in the Video Components Division at Intel as a Technical Marketing Engineer, developing components for digital video and multimedia applications. His experience in the semiconductor industry includes marketing; applications, design and architecture engineering; and various phases of manufacturing support Mr. Mattison has developed PC graphics components, including VGA controllers and IBM 8514A-compatible hardware and software, and holds three patents for innovations in this field.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Wiley, 1994. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0471310166