It makes your business soar! Without Information Technology (IT), the snowboard on the cover simply would never make it to the slopes. As you read Introduction to Information Technology, you'll discover that IT integrates and enhances all functions of a business-from the research and development that goes into designing a faster, more flexible board, to the delivery systems that make sure stores receive stock in time for winter, to the point-of-sale systems that track sales trends and customers' buying preferences. Written in language you can easily understand, the text gradually presents complex technical information on a need-to-know basis, so that you won't get overwhelmed by the details. Each chapter is filled with dozens of real-world examples that demonstrate IT's relevance to different disciplines, industries, and companies. Throughout the text, you'll also find numerous opportunities to apply what you've learned. Features
* Relevance: The authors explain why IT is important to all individuals and functions within an organization by relating topics to specific business majors (finance, marketing, MIS, production/operations, HR, etc.).
* Real-World Examples: Extensive examples show you the capabilities of IT, its cost and justifications, and innovative ways actual corporations are using IT in their operations.
* Global Perspective: The text explains how IT facilitates export and import, managing multinational companies, and electronic trading around the globe.
* Integrated Systems: Integrated systems (e.g. SAP R/3; extranets) are stressed and related to supply chain management and multinational corporations.
* Making Connections: The text emphasizes the importance of connections among individuals, groups, and organizations, and the support that IT provides in enabling these connections.
* The Web: In addition to teaching the fundamentals of the Internet, the text presents a comprehensive chapter on e-commerce. All chapters include Web-based, real-world applications, "integration with the Web" exploration, and Internet exercises.
* The Virtual Company: A Web-based case for a simulated company manufacturing snowboards enables you to create and operate a small business a small business on the Web.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Efraim Turban, California State University, Long Beach and City University of Hong Kong;
R. Kelly Rainer, Auburn University;
Richard Potter, University of Illinois at Chicago
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Wiley, 2000. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Ships Fast! Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Nº de ref. de la librería mon0000577533
Descripción John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, 2001. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 1st Edition. Brand New!! Quantity Available: 1. ISBN: 0471170658. ISBN/EAN: 9780471170655. Pictures of this item not already displayed here available upon request. Inventory No: ABE423377954. Nº de ref. de la librería ABE423377954
Descripción John Wiley & Sons. Estado de conservación: New. pp. 608. Nº de ref. de la librería 5271580