This book provides a comprehensive introduction to modern global variational theory on fibred spaces. It is based on differentiation and integration theory of differential forms on smooth manifolds, and on the concepts of global analysis and geometry such as jet prolongations of manifolds, mappings, and Lie groups.
The book will be invaluable for researchers and PhD students in differential geometry, global analysis, differential equations on manifolds, and mathematical physics, and for the readers who wish to undertake further rigorous study in this broad interdisciplinary field.
- Analysis on manifolds
- Differential forms on jet spaces
- Global variational functionals
- Euler-Lagrange mapping
- Helmholtz form and the inverse problem
- Symmetries and the Noether's theory of conservation laws
- Regularity and the Hamilton theory
- Variational sequences
- Differential invariants and natural variational principles
- First book on the geometric foundations of Lagrange structures
- New ideas on global variational functionals
- Complete proofs of all theorems
- Exact treatment of variational principles in field theory, inc. general relativity
- Basic structures and tools: global analysis, smooth manifolds, fibred spaces
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Text: English, Japanese (translation)
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción American Elsevier Pub. Co, 1975. Estado de conservación: Fair. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has hardback covers. With usual stamps and markings, In fair condition, suitable as a study copy. No dust jacket. Re-bound by library. Nº de ref. de la librería 3388640
Descripción Elsevier Science, 1975. Estado de conservación: Good. Ships from the UK. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Nº de ref. de la librería GRP95565040
Descripción American Elsevier Pub. Co, 1975. Estado de conservación: Good. Volume 8. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has hardback covers. In good all round condition. No dust jacket. Re-bound by library. Nº de ref. de la librería 5619049