Ultrasound imaging is emerging as an invaluable tool in the detection and treatment of motor control impairment. This book brings this technology out of the research lab and into the clinic, providing guidelines for the integration of ultrasound imaging for the assessment and treatment of motor control impairments of the lumbopelvic region into daily practice.
In this accessible and clinically relevant text, Whittaker provides:
• A review of the basic principles of sound wave propagation
• Discussion of instrumentation, prudent use and safety
• Step by step instructions for generating ultrasound images of the deep muscles and associated structures in the region
• An indepth discussion of the qualitative and quantitative components of image interpretation
• Guidelines on the integration of ultrasound imaging into clinical practice
• Over 75 ultrasound images
• Clinically focussed
• Based on published evidence and clinical experience
Ultrasound Imaging for Rehabilitation of the Lumbopelvic Region enables clinicians to maximise the potential of ultrasound imaging technology in providing effective management of neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction in the lumbopelvic region, including back pain, pelvic girdle pain and incontinence.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Churchill Livingstone 2007-03-21, 2007. Spiral-bound. Estado de conservación: New. 1 Spi. 0443068569. Nº de ref. de la librería 680084