This third edition has been extensively revised and contains:
* integration of the multicultural aspects of America
* material on the South, and the African-American and Latino populations
* integration of material on women throughout the text
* an updated mass media chapter with more on I.T., the internet and globalization
* a chronology illustrating the major events in all topics covered
* a combined chapter on the state, local government and the political system
* full coverage of the 'frontier' concept
* more material on attitudes to the death penalty, gun control etc
* completely updated illustrations.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
David Mauk is Senior Lecturer in English at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, and is also the author of The Colony that Rose from the Sea: Norwegian Maritime Migration and Community in Brooklyn. John Oakland is Senior Lecturer in English at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and the author of British Civilization and A Dictionary of British Institutions.Review:
'American Civilization is particularly good at covering the basics while including many important issues left out of most general scholarly texts on American society... it is an approachable text for introducing subjects, it isn't too long or comprehensive, and it is cheap, so students will buy it if told to do so.' Ijonathan Parker, Keele University 'I find this book excellent for current information about the US. It is particularly useful for the society course, in which we deal with present US society and culture and current issues.' IFelicity Hand, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain 'I particularly like the historical outlines, focus on key institutions, focus on the historically explained diversity of the American population and integration of current issues. The book achieves a high degree of comprehensiveness.' IBrigitte Georgi-Findlay, Technische Universitaet Dresden, Germany
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Taylor & Francis Group. Estado de conservación: New. pp. 384. Nº de ref. de la librería 5426147
Descripción Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. This Book is in Good Condition; Customer Satisfaction Comes First.Delivery Time 4-12 days. 100% Money back Guaranteed!!!. Nº de ref. de la librería 0415268680
Descripción Routledge, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 3. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0415268680