Large Animal Internal Medicine - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card), 5e
Large Animal Internal Medicine, 5th Edition features a problem-based approach to the diagnosis and management of disease in horses, cattle, sheep, and goats. It offers discussions of over 150 clinical signs and manifestations, as well as comprehensive coverage of laboratory and diagnostic testing. Thoroughly revised and updated content includes new vaccines and vaccination protocols; the most current laboratories for DNA, genetic, and PCR testing; and colostrum supplements and replacers. It’s everything you need to stay up to date with the latest information on preventing and treating disease in large animals.
- Discussions of over 150 clinical signs or manifestations of disease provide you with a problem-based approach to diagnosis based on what you observe and what laboratory tests reveal.
- More than 200 expert authors contribute information in their areas of expertise for the most current, authoritative information on each topic.
- Color plates accompanying Diseases of the Eye and Diseases of the Alimentary Tract chapters illustrate the clinical appearance of ophthalmologic conditions and endoscopic views of equine alimentary tract disorders.
- Causes of Presenting Signs boxes offer quick access to the common, less common, and uncommon diseases associated with manifestations or signs of disease.
- Causes of Abnormal Laboratory Values boxes highlight the possible interpretations of abnormalities in clinical chemistry, hematology, blood proteins, and clotting tests.
- An extensive list of useful references on a companion website, many linked to their original source on PubMed, enables you to continue research on specific topics of interest.
- Thorough and extensive index makes it easy to quickly locate key information.
- NEW! Extensively updated content from expert authors clarifies the latest research and clinical findings on pain, the nervous system, toxicology, BVD, malignant catarrhal fever, bluetongue, and strong ions.
- NEW! Vaccines and vaccination protocols keep you up-to-date with the information you need to prevent newly emerging diseases in large animals.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of the veterinarian’s role in animal welfare; equine abdominal ultrasound; DNA, genetic, and PCR testing; and colostrum supplements and replacers supplies you with the most current large animal internal medicine information.
- NEW! Current information on foreign animal diseases dangerous to large animals in the US, including coverage of rinderpest, keeps you aware of diseases that can be transmitted from other countries.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
If you purchase only one textbook for large animal practice, be your work mainly equine or farm animal, this is the one you should buy. This is a truly global large animal veterinary medicine textbook, while retaining its relevance to UK and Irish practitioners. It is suitable as a reference book for students, general practitioners and specialists alike, and is well worth the price as a comprehensive review of large animal medicine.
Veterinary Record, February 2009
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.