Mosby's 2010 Nursing Drug Reference, 23e (SKIDMORE NURSING DRUG REFERENCE)
If you are going to buy one drug handbook ― this should be the one. No other drug handbook enables you to access reliable drug information quicker. With an A-Z organization, each drug is easy to find. But what’s even better is the fact that Mosby’s Nursing Drug Reference gives you the most complete drug information for each drug, including uses, side effects, and interactions. Key nursing considerations are identified to help you assess, administer, evaluate, and teach your patients. Instructions for giving drugs by various routes (e.g., PO, IM, IV) are also included. You will ALWAYS find the latest and most trustworthy drug information in Mosby’s Nursing Drug Reference. There is a difference in drug handbooks ― put your trust in Mosby, the leading name in nursing publishing.
- Presents comprehensive coverage of more than 1,300 generic and 4,500 trade-name drugs.
- Organizes monographs alphabetically by generic drug name to allow for fast retrieval of needed information.
- Includes comprehensive drug monographs containing generic names, Rx or OTC designations, pronunciation, U.S. and Canadian trade names, functional and chemical classification, controlled-substance schedule, do-not-confuse drugs, action, uses, unlabeled uses, dosages and routes, available forms, side effects, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug lab test), nursing considerations, and treatment of overdose.
- Provides concise, practice-oriented nursing considerations: assess, administer, perform/provide, evaluate, and teach patient/family.
- Highlights IV drug information in one easy-to-find place, under the Administer heading, including special considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Identifies high alert drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm if administered incorrectly.
- Features a safety alert icon identifying considerations that require special attention.
- Highlights common and life-threatening side effects for easy identification.
- Features over 400 potential interactions between drugs and herbal products.
- Includes lifespan and disorder-related dosages for newborns, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric, hepatic, and renal patients.
- Provides special Do Not Confuse headings so you can avoid administering the wrong drug.
- Includes Tall Man lettering as recommended by the FDA to distinguish easily confused drug names.
- Features 14 full-color illustrations that show mechanisms or sites of action for select drug classes such as antidepressants, antiinfectives and antiretroviral agents.
- Features boldface route subheadings ― such as PO, IV, and IM ― under the Dosage and Routes and the Administer headings to help you find information quickly.
- Includes several detailed multi-product monographs that group all chemically similar forms of insulins, cephalosporins (1st-, 2nd-, 3rd-generation), contraceptives, and penicillins together into single monographs, with cross-references to the individual forms of these drugs.
- Features key Canadian drug content including a listing of high-alert Canadian medications, a Canadian controlled substance chart, an immunization schedule, and a maple leaf to designate Canadian brand names.
- Includes a separate section of drug category information with nursing considerations and a list of common generic drugs for each category.
- Provides a Syringe Compatibility Chart and IV Drug/Solution Compatibility Chart.
- Features formulas for drug calculations and a nomogram for calculation of body surface area for quick retrieval.
- Includes an appendix with the names and uses of approximately 50 of the most commonly used herbal products.
- Offers a combination products appendix covering the forms and uses of more than 500 products.
- Offers a flexible, water-resistant cover for durability in the clinical setting.
- Includes a free mini CD with complete, printable information on the 100 most commonly prescribed drugs in the United States, patient teaching guides in English and Spanish, hundreds of normal laboratory values, English-to-Spanish translations for common drug phrases and terms, and 30 clinical calculators.
- Includes free Internet updates with the latest FDA drug alerts, new drug monographs, tables of recently approved drugs in the U.S., patient teaching guides in English and Spanish, links to useful drug-related websites, information on selected prescription drugs with potential for abuse, an extensive table of orphan drugs, calculators, and a comprehensive Drug Safety reference.
- Includes monographs of 22 new monographs recently approved by the FDA.
- Presents thousands of new and updated drug facts, including doses, side effects, pharmacokinetics, interactions and nursing considerations.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
The bestselling drug reference for nurses from Mosby - the most trusted name in nursing
"With its lists of side effects, interactions - including some of those with herbal remedies - pharmacokinetics and nursing considerations, this nursing drug reference will meet many practioners' needs." Nursing Standard, August 2010
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.