The revolutionary Fossum e-dition offers you the convenience of a book, plus the added functionality of exclusive access to a regularly updated companion website ― for the life of the 3rd edition. In addition to a fully searchable version of the book, the e-dition provides weekly updates, case studies, aftercare instructions, abstracts of relevant articles, and video clips and animations of surgical procedures. e-dition users can also take notes, save searches, and access an extensive image collection with a lightbox function that allows the user to save images to PowerPoint presentations. The 3rd edition of the book and the e-dition website have been completely updated, offering instant access to authoritative information on all aspects of small animal surgery. Coverage includes basic procedures such as spays, castrations, and declaws, as well as more advanced surgeries that might be referred to specialists such as craniotomy, ventral slots, and lung lobectomy. Discussions of general surgical procedures include sterile technique, surgical instrumentation, suturing, preoperative care, and antibiotic use. Key sections provide clinically relevant coverage of soft tissue surgery, orthopedic surgery, and neurosurgery.
- Over 1500 full color illustrations provide exceptionally clear representations of anatomy and currently accepted surgical techniques, including approaches and closure.
- Over 600 full color photographs and radiographs offer clear images of specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
- Information on the most efficient and cost-saving sterilization techniques including scrubless and waterless preparation solutions.
- General considerations and clinically relevant pathophysiology sections provide practical information for case management.
- Step-by-step instructions for surgical techniques are presented in italicized blue type for quick and easy reference.
- Special icons identify advanced procedures that should be referred to an experienced surgeon or specialist.
- Color-coded tables and boxes call attention to specific data, offering at-a-glance access to key information such as drug dosages, clinical signs, and analgesic protocols.
- Anesthesia Protocols provide quick and easy access to recommendations for anesthetizing animals with particular diseases or disorders.
- An online, fully searchable web version of the book with weekly updates
- A new chapter on Fundamentals of Physical Rehabilitation details the basics of physical rehabilitation for practitioners who want to integrate physical therapy into practice.
- A new chapter on Principles of Minimally Invasive Surgery that discusses performing surgery with the least instrumentation possible, including instrument selection and care and basic techniques.
- A new chapter on Surgery of the Eye that discusses diseases and disorders of the eye, their medical management, and corrective surgical procedures.
- Expanded coverage of perioperative multimodal analgesic therapy.
- Updated coverage of arthroscopy, canine elbow dysplasia, joint replacement, and management of osteoarthritis.
- The latest information on state-of-the-art radiologic techniques.
Purchase of this product includes a limited personal license for use exclusively by the individual who has purchased the product. This license and access to the web site operates strictly on the basis of a single user per PIN. The sharing of passwords is strictly prohibited, and any attempt to do so will invalidate the password.
The license and access may not be lent, resold, or otherwise circulated. Full details of the license and terms and conditions of use are available upon registration.Your purchase of Small Animal Surgery Online, entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.