Virtual Clinical Excursions 2.0 to Accompany Wong's Nursing Care of Infants & Children, 7e
Dynamic and engaging, this workbook/CD-ROM package for Wong's Nursing Care for Infants and Children, 7th Edition guides users through a multi-floor virtual hospital in a hands-on learning experience. Complementing core reading assignments and activities presented in the parent text, lessons in the workbook provide a perfect opportunity for users to practice what they are learning on seven realistic, pediatric patients. Then, to further enhance the lesson, the CD-ROM features built-in testing with NCLEX-RN type questions and immediate feedback of clinical knowledge, priorities, and communication ― using content specific to pediatric nursing!
- Meaningful, real-world problems place users in nursing scenarios where they can set priorities for care, collect data, analyze and interpret data, and reach conclusions about complex problems within a health-illness transition.
- The highly-engaging format encourages active learning and provides opportunities to identify information to collect and process data for evidence-based patient care; work with data entry and retrieval screens; optimize use of available information resources; understand hospital information systems; manage information for decision-making; and maintain and improve core computing skills.
- Lessons in the workbook complement the content in the textbook and guide the student through the multi-floor virtual hospital.
- The CD-ROM offers users the opportunity to visit each patient and access realistic information essential for patient care, including: charts, medical administration records, electronic patient records, video streaming of patient dialogue with nurses, and other related materials.
- The multi-floor virtual hospital has content on Patient Care, Patient Records, Case Conference, and Clinical Review to engage the user in the subject matter and allow for further exploration.
- The virtual hospital includes a Pediatric Floor and a Well-Child Clinic with content on Physical Examinations, Parent Interviews, Developmental Surveillance, Anticipatory Guidance, Patient Records: (Admissions Form, Birth & Health History, Allergies, Immunization Record, Well-Child Visits, Sick-Child Visits, Developmental Surveillance, Growth Charts, Hearing & Vision Screening, Laboratory Results, and Referral Forms), and a Clinical Review.
Produced in conjunction with the Virtual Clinical Excursions CD-ROM authors: Jay Shiro Tashiro, PhD, RN; Ellen Sullins, PhD; Gina Long, RN, DNSc
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.