Astrid Jones desperately wants to confide in someone, but her mother's pushiness and her father's lack of interest tell her they're the last people she can trust. Instead, Astrid spends hours lying on the backyard picnic table watching airplanes fly overhead. She doesn't know the passengers inside, but they're the only people who won't judge her when she asks them her most personal questions . . . like what it means that she's falling in love with a girl.
As her secret relationship becomes more intense and her friends demand answers, Astrid has nowhere left to turn. She can't share the truth with anyone except the people at thirty thousand feet, and they don't even know she's there. But little does Astrid know just how much even the tiniest connection will affect these strangers' lives--and her own--for the better.
In this truly original portrayal of a girl struggling to break free of society's definitions, Printz Honor author A.S. King asks readers to question everything--and offers hope to those who will never stop seeking real love.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
A.S. King is the author of the highly acclaimed Reality Boy; Ask the Passengers, a Los Angeles Times Book Prize winner; Everybody Sees the Ants; and the Edgar Award nominated, Michael L. Printz Honor book Please Ignore Vera Dietz. She is also the author of The Dust of 100 Dogs, an ALA Best Book for Young Adults. When asked about her writing, King says, "Some people don't know if my characters are crazy or if they are experiencing something magical. I think that's an accurate description of how I feel every day." She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and children.Review:
A 2012 Publishers Weekly Best YA BookA 2012 School Library Journal Best BookA 2012 Kirkus Reviews Best YA BookA 2012 Library Journal Best YA for Adults BookA 2012 BookPage Best Children's BookA 2012 Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature WinnerA 2012 Los Angeles Public Library Best Teen BookA 2012 Lambda Literary Award FinalistA 2013 YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults BookA 2013 Carolyn W. Field Award WinnerA 2013 Rainbow List Top Ten BookA 2013 Capitol Choices Noteworthy Titles for Children and Teens BookA 2013 Cooperative Children's Book Center Choices BookA 2013 James Cook Teen Book Award WinnerA 2014 Tennessee Volunteer Book Award NomineeA 2014 Texas Tayshas Reading List Top Ten BookA 2014 Milwaukee County Teen Book Award Honor BookA Junior Library Guild SelectionA 2014 Illinois Abraham Lincoln HS Book Award WinnerA 2014 Tennessee Volunteer State Book Award WinnerA 2014 Washington Evergreen YA Book Award Winner
* "Quite possibly the best teen novel featuring a girl questioning her sexuality written in years."―Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Another thoughtful, and often breathtaking, achievement for King, whose star is ascending as quickly as one of Astrid's planes."―Booklist, starred review
* "At once much more than a coming out novel and one of the best coming-out novels in years.... Funny, provocative, and intelligent, King's story celebrates love in all of its messy, modern complexity."―Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Will appeal to any mature teen resisting the pressure to conform or rebel [and] anyone who wants to define herself on her own terms."―School Library Journal, starred review
* "For kids struggling with their own truths, it can be hard to believe how much light there is once you come out of the cave. This is a book that knows and understands that, and it's one that readers will believe."―The Bulletin, starred review
* "A furiously smart and funny coming-out-and-of-age novel."―The Horn Book, starred review
"Astrid is a model of strength and compassion.... Good reading for everyone."―VOYA
"King has penned a work of realism that is magical in the telling."―Cooperative Children's Book Center
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2012. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0316194689
Descripción Little, Brown, New York, 2012. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Estado de la sobrecubierta: New. Brand new, unread copy of first edition, second printing. Signed by author on title page. Mint condition. Signed by Author(s). Nº de ref. de la librería C1278
Descripción Little, Brown Books for Young, 2012. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110316194689
Descripción Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 0316194689 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW7.0098406