Recent Trends in Trademark Protection provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on key tips for responding to current trademark protection developments. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts guide the reader through the process of educating clients on protecting their trademarks in the current marketplace. These top lawyers offer advice on evaluating new applications, exploring potential risks, addressing infringement concerns, and understanding litigation tactics. From the expansion of the Internet to the increased use of social media, these experts reveal proven strategies for taking into account the importance of technology when developing trademark protection strategies. Additionally, these leaders discuss client concerns with trademark registration and protection, including new domain registration procedures and PTO developments. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Mark Lerner, Partner, Satterlee Stephens Burke & Burke LLP = "Meeting New Trademark Registration Challenges in the United States"
2. Farah P. Bhatti, Shareholder, Buchalter Nemer - "Analyzing Your Client's Trademark Protection and Infringement Concerns in the Global and Cyberspace Markets"
3. Richard S. Vermut, Shareholder, Rogers Towers PA - "Staying Informed on New Technology and Trends Affecting the Practice of Trademark Law"
4. Geoffrey D. Aurini, Principal, Harness Dickey & Pierce PLC - "Revising Trademark Protection and Litigation Strategies in a Changing Marketplace"
5. Monica Riva Talley, Director, Sterne Kessler Goldstein & Fox PLLC - "Helping Clients Protect Their Brands in an Ever-Changing Global Marketplace"
6. Dax Alvarez, Partner, Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman LLP - "New Generic Top-Level Domains: Novel Procedures and Narrow Protections for Trademarks"
7. Michelle Mancino Marsh, Partner, Kenyon & Kenyon LLP - "The Modern Trademark Lawyer: Staying Ahead of the Curve"
8. Jody H. Drake, Partner, Sughrue Mion PLLC - "Counseling Clients During Federal Trademark Registration and Maintenance: A Look at Fraud Post-Bose"
9. Deborah Peckham, Partner, Burns & Levinson LLP - "Burgeoning Directions for Trademark Protection Strategies in the Age of Mobile Technology"
10. Robert J. Kenney, Senior Partner, Birch Stewart Kolasch & Birch LLP - "Aligning Trademark Strategy to Meet the Challenges of the Internet and Social Media"
Appendix A: Cited Provisions of the Lanham Act
Appendix B: In Re Bose Corporation
Appendix C: Changes in Requirements for Specimens and for Affidavits or Declarations of Continued Use or Excusable Nonuse in Trademark Cases
Appendix D: The Trademark Technical and Conforming Amendment Act of 2010
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Aspatore Books, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. revised edition edition. 208 pages. 8.40x5.40x0.60 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería 0314282106
Descripción Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Revised edition. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Nº de ref. de la librería 0314282106n