This text, is the leading accountancy text for the non-specialist student. The fourth edition maintains the clear and accessible style of previous editions and continues to provide an excellent introduction to financial accounting, cost and management accounting. A new selection of vignettes and discussion questions have been included in this new edition. Case studies have been appended to the relevant chapters and long and difficult chapters have been simplified and split into two easier chapters. Overall, the book has been modernised and streamlined to ensure it reflects contemporary developments.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
John R. Dyson
Accounting for Non-Accounting Students
Accounting for Non-Accounting Students is highly regarded for its accessibility and clarity. The book combines user-friendly language and real-world examples, making it ideal for students with little or no prior knowledge of financial or management accounting. It covers the essentials of book-keeping and the rules of accounting in a non-technical style and highlights the questions all non-accountants, wishing to excel in their studies and career, should ask.
Continuing the successes of past editions, the author’s unique and user-friendly features are ideal for students who may be new to accounting:
· Special introductions explain why each chapter is important for non-accountants.
· An up-to-date news story at the start of each chapter provides examples of some of the real-world issues accountants face every day.
· A full-colour design aids navigation and enlivens the text.
· 'Key points' sections in each chapter summarize points to remember, and 'Check your learning' sections contain short questions to help you recap your learning.
· Each chapter concludes with ‘Questions you should ask’.
This eighth edition of Accounting for Non-Accounting Students combines the most successful features of previous editions with some brand new material and some substantially revised chapters:
· News clips – This new feature consists of excerpts from recent news articles, which illustrate real-world accounting in practice.
· Chapter 2 on Accounting rules and regulations has been thoroughly revised and updated. It now includes the material included in the previous Chapter 2 (Accounting rules) and the old Chapter 9 (Information disclosure).
· Chapter 4 on Sole trader accounts has been formed by combining the previous Chapter 4 (also called Sole trader accounts) with the old Chapter 5 (Last minute adjustments) to form a comprehensive easy-to-follow new chapter.
· Revised Chapter 11 on Contemporary issues covers current challenges facing the accounting world.
· Revised Chapter 20 on Emerging issues discusses emerging issues in management accounting.
· International accounting standards (IASs) – this new edition has been updated to include the requirements of relevant international accounting standards.
Visit the Accounting for Non-Accounting Students companion website at www.pearsoned.co.uk/dyson to access a comprehensive range of student-learning resources, including additional questions, web links for further reading and a glossary of key terms.
John R. Dyson was formerly Director of Studies of the Heriot-Watt University Management Programme, Edinburgh.About the Author:
John R. Dyson was formerly Director of Studies of the Heriot-Watt University Management Programme, Edinburgh.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Financial Times Management, 1997. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0273625756