"Providing a thorough review of research in several areas of leadership, this handbook contains articles from outstanding researchers in the field of leadership and industrial/organizational psychology. The volume covers a wide range of topics, including leadership development, leadership in different cultures and different industries, and leadership effectiveness... A useful resource for graduate students and faculty in the fields of leadership and management studies as well as organizational psychology. Summing up: Recommended. Graduate and research collections." -- B.B. Vitali, Christian Brothers University, CHOICEFrom the Publisher:
The study of leadership is a rapidly evolving, multi-faceted field. It is conceptualized as a social and cultural phenomenon, which cannot be fully understood from a single perspective. The leader, the follower, the context,
and the interactions amongst these elements must all be considered.
The Oxford Handbook of Leadership explores the complex relationship between leader, led, and the environment that constitutes leadership. Divided into five parts, this handbook provides comprehensive coverage of the field,
- an exploration of the roles individual attributes, training, and development play in generating a leader who is capable of performing effectively
- an examination of the relationship between leadership and contextual factors in terms of an organizational role, one's culture, and a specific setting (e.g. military, higher education, and presidential)
- a critical look at to what extent leader and follower behavior in a social and/or organizational context are tied
- a consideration of what leader effectiveness means (i.e., what differentiates effective from ineffective leadership, including promising insights and scholarship that have emerged regarding this issue)
- a concluding chapter that provides some overall comments concerning the current state of leadership research and some thoughts about potentially fruitful directions.
Leadership research has come a long way, but the inherent dimensionality of the field leaves room for new insights and new directions. As the study of leadership progresses along the route to maturity, the volume will serve as a navigation tool that will provide a solid foundation for future research.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería 18682978-n
Descripción Oxford University Press. Estado de conservación: New. Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 0195398793
Descripción Oxford Univ Pr, 2012. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 1st edition. 485 pages. 10.25x7.25x1.50 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería __0195398793
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Estado de conservación: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: This book both acknowledges the complexity emerging from the three main components of leadership'e"the leader, the led, and the environment'e"while providing a sound, foundational structure in which the complexity of this area of study can be better understood. Nº de ref. de la librería ABE_book_new_0195398793
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería 0195398793
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110195398793
Descripción OUP USA, 2012. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 1st edition. 485 pages. 10.25x7.25x1.50 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería zk0195398793
Descripción Oxford University Press. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 0195398793 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW4.0078461