Nothing less than the mortal world is at stake when the Kane family fulfills its destiny in this thrilling conclusion to the Kane Chronicles. And now, fans of the #1 New York Times bestselling series can enjoy this signed and numbered limited edition of The Serpent's Shadow--the perfect keepsake for anyone daring enough to join Carter and Sadie on their adventures. Each numbered book is hand-signed by Rick Riordan and boasts specially commissioned full-color art by series illustrator John Rocco, gilded edges, and foil stamping. The deluxe slipcase features a wrap-around illustration and makes an elegant centerpiece for any bookshelf.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Sadie Kane: "Reading? You should talk to my brother the genius... Sometimes I read books about London and occasionally I try to learn new hieroglyphics, but mostly I’m too busy with trainees and trying to defeat Apophis.”
My Reading List:
· The Symbolic World of Egyptian Amulets by Philippe Germond
· Treasures of the British Museum by Marjorie Caygill
· The Annotated Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
· A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
· The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
· City Secrets London: The Essential Insider’s Guide by Robert Kahn and Tim Adams
· The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
· Concise Dictionary of Middle Egyptian by R.O. Faulkner
· Egyptian Love Spells and Rituals by Claudia Dillaire
· Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Carter Kane: “I read a lot. That’s why Sadie calls me Mr. Wikipedia. My dad is a pretty big history buff, so I read classics and try to learn as much as I can about Egypt and my ancestors. It’s good research when you’re trying to saving the world.”
My Reading List:
· The Penguin Historical Atlas of Ancient Civilizations by John Haywood
· Falconry: The Essential Guide by Steve Wright
· The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
· The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr., by Martin Luther King and Clayborne Carson
· The Egyptian Book of the Dead translated by Robert P. Winston and Wallace Budge
· Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
· The Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt by Elizabeth Payne
· The LA Lakers: 50 Amazing Years in the City of Angels by the LA Times Sports Staff
· Britannia in Brief: The Scoop on All Things British by Leslie Baker and William Mullins
· The Three Musketeers by Alexandre DumasAbout the Author:
Rick Riordan (www.rickriordan.com) is the author of the # 1 New York Times best-selling The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero; The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune; the #1 New York Times best-selling The Kane Chronicles, Book One: The Red Pyramid; The Kane Chronicles, Book Two: The Throne of Fire; as well as the five books in the #1 New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. His previous novels for adults include the hugely popular Tres Navarre series, winner of the top three awards in the mystery genre. He lives in San Antonio, Texas, with his wife and two sons.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Puffin Books, 2012. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Estado de la sobrecubierta: New. 1st Edition. Mint condition.Puffin Books,2012.First UK edition-first printing(10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1).Black hardback(gilt lettering to the spine) with Dj(two small nicks and crease on the edges of Dj cover), both in mint condition.The book is new.408pp including Glossary.Heavy book. This is another paragraph Book Description: Despite their bravest efforts, Apophis, the giant snake of Chaos, is still threatening to plunge the world into eternal darkness. Now the Kanes must do something no magician has ever managed - defeat Apophis himself. No pressure there then. Battling against the forces of Chaos, their only hope is an ancient spell - but the magic has been lost for a millennia. Will they find the serpent's shadow, or will they be led to their deaths in the depths of the Underworld?. Nº de ref. de la librería 6724
Descripción Penguin Books Ltd, 2012. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110141335688
Descripción Puffin, 2012. hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Author Signed UK Hardcover Book May 2012 LON: Puffin First UK edition, first printing, mint, new/unread in a flawless dust jacket, signed by the author. Each dust jacket is protected in an acid-free archival quality acetate cover. signed by author. Nº de ref. de la librería RIOSERP05