Digital Design Principles and Practices Package
This newly revised book blends academic precision and practical experience in an authoritative introduction to basic principles of digital design and practical requirements in both board-level and VLSI systems. With over twenty years of experience in both industrial and university settings, the author covers the most widespread logic design practices while building a solid foundation of theoretical and engineering principles for students to use as they go forward in this fast moving field.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
From the Publisher
Real-world yet scholarly in approach, this book provides a solid foundation in the elements of basic digital electronics and switching theory that are used in most practical digital designs today, and builds on that theory with discussions of real-world digital components, design methodologies, and tools.
From the Back Cover
- NEW—Early coverage of modern CMOS logic families—Includes low voltage and LVCMOS/LVTTL.
- NEW—Coverage of Complex Programmable Logic Devices (CPLDs) and Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
- Provides the general background needed for associated CPLD- and FPGA-based lab courses.
- NEW—Earlier introduction of HDL-based digital design.
- HDL concepts can be used throughout the course.
- NEW—HDL coverage and examples—Includes VHDL as well as ABEL.
- VHDL is an industry-standard language that also provides a good foundation for Verilog if required.
- NEW—Programming examples written in C rather than Pascal.
- NEW—Faster progression through non-automated methods—Such as Karnaugh maps and state-machine synthesis.
- While these are used to illustrate some basic concepts, more emphasis is given to the methods and tools that are actually used on the job.
- NEW—Description of automated methods including simulation and synthesis.
- NEW—More and larger design examples.
- More opportunity to "learn by example."
- NEW—Drill problems and exercises.
- NEW—Includes CD-ROMS with the complete Xilinx Foundation 1.5 (Student Edition), including schematic entry, ABEL, VHDL, and Verilog compilers, simulator, and documentation.
- Users with a PC can create and simulate designs using a high-quality set of commercial tools, and thereby learn the practical side of digital design first-hand.
- Easy-to-follow, practical writing style and extensive use of illustrations.
- High-quality, user-friendly color production.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.