Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Book by Milner Joseph O Milner Lucy F Mitchell Joan F
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Bridging English, 5/e brings tomorrow's English teachers the theory and practice they need to be effective in their own classrooms. Comprehensive and thoroughly up to date, this new fifth edition focuses on such new recent developments as the increasing diversity of today's students, with their unique learning styles and needs; the expanding definition of literacy; the mounting pressures of accountability and end-of-course testing; and the challenges and opportunities arising from rapid advances in technology-subjects that the authors tackle to bring the text up to date and in step with what's really happening in today's classrooms.Contraportada:
This comprehensive English methods text grounds students in theory and prepares them for practice. It provides a huge array of active, constructivist, student-centered approaches and activities to ensure that students enter their own classrooms armed with the knowledge and tools they need to be effective teachers.
In this fifth edition the authors retain the strengths of the previous editions, while also addressing new developments in the field of English education, of education in general, and of the culture.
The increasing diversity of today’s students, with their unique learning styles and needs; the expanding definition of literacy; the mounting pressures of accountability and end-of-course testing; and the challenges and opportunities arising from rapid advances in technology are subjects that the authors tackle to bring the text up to date and in step with what’s really happening in today’s classrooms.
Unique to this new fifth edition –
· Instructional methods and curricular choices designed to help teachers meet the unique needs of culturally, linguistically, and educationally diverse students in today’s classrooms.
· An expanded definition of literacy to encompass the wide range of abilities and competencies in today’s classrooms.
· Instructional strategies for incorporating technology in the classroom.
· Instructional strategies for preparing teachers to meet today’s persistent local, state, and national accountability.
· The most recent, up-to-date research in the field of reading and writing.
· A new Effective Practice in Today’s Classrooms feature that helps teachers see the link between theory and actual classroom practice.
· More comprehensive research, sharpened conceptual frameworks, more cogent methods, and more engaging lessons.
· A new co-author, Joan Mitchell, who brings to the text her years of experience as an award-winning English teacher in North Carolina and Colorado high schools, as well as her recent doctoral research in writing instruction.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Pearson, 2011. Paperback. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P110132486091
Descripción Pearson, 2011. Condición: New. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: M0132486091