Diagnostic Teaching of Reading, 7/e, by renowned author Barbara J. Walker, is the ideal resource for pre-service and in-service educators, including teachers, reading specialists, literacy coaches, school psychologists, special education teachers, and Title I teachers. In it they see how to use a variety of instructional and assessment techniques to help plan lessons designed to improve literacy for all learners in their charge.
Included are over 65 instructional techniques that meet the diverse learning needs of all students, including struggling readers and writers, English language learners, and culturally diverse learners. With the information presented here, teachers see how to continually reflect on their instructional practices and tailor their instruction to the strengths and needs of the diverse children they teach.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Based on a socio-interactive view of reading -- and teaching techniques drawn from multiple perspectives -- this innovative text shows students how to integrate the reading assessment/diagnostic process -- and its results -- with 60 different, individualized ways to teach reading.From the Back Cover:
Featuring classroom-based, teacher-driven approaches to effective reading assessment and remediation, the new edition of this market-leading book provides up-to-date coverage of reading processes, their assessment, and their corrective instruction. The highly popular authors present thorough treatments of reading and writing at every stage of development and include assessments in their entirety for emergent literacy, including concepts about print and the concept of word, and many tests of phonological awareness, developmental spelling, word recognition, fluency, and phonics knowledge.
The Eighth Edition of Understanding Reading Problems includes the following new features:
· A comprehensive inventory for assessing emergent literacy, including several new assessments of phonological awareness (Chapter 3).
· Detailed instruction for administering, scoring, and interpreting an informal reading inventory, plus sample sections of an IRI (Chapter 5 and in the supplements).
· A thorough discussion of Response to Intervention (Chapter 2).
· Extensive assessment of the often-neglected topic of narrative comprehension of early readers (Chapter 3).
· New instruments for assessing phonological awareness.
· New reading and spelling-based tests of phonics knowledge.
· A new instrument for assessing students’ developmental spelling in K through 12 (Chapter 8).
· A new chapter on teaching culturally and linguistically diverse students (Chapter 9).
· The Eighth Edition is organized by developmental levels, with explanations of reading issues at each level, approaches to assessment, and teaching methods delivered at the point of need.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Pearson, 2011. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería INGM9780132316514
Descripción Pearson, 2011. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería 013231651X
Descripción Pearson, 2011. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 7. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX013231651X
Descripción Allyn & Bacon, 2011. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 7th edition. 432 pages. 9.90x7.90x0.90 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería zk013231651X
Descripción Pearson, 2011. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P11013231651X
Descripción Pearson, 2011. Estado de conservación: New. Brand new! Please provide a physical shipping address. Nº de ref. de la librería 9780132316514
Descripción Pearson. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 013231651X New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW6.0929418