Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education provides a brief, reader-friendly introduction to the field of early childhood education. It presents engaging chapter features on early childhood programs, professionals in practice, diversity strategies, technology issues, and ethical decision-making. Separate chapters on infants and toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and the primary grades explore young children’s unique developmental and educational needs. Fundamentals’ emphasis on professionalism throughout keeps the focus on meeting the needs of each and every child and providing up-to-date information and strategies to develop competent, informed early childhood professionals.
New to this edition:
· MyEducationLab margin notes in every chapter integrate new online assignable video-based exercises, linked to learning outcomes and NAEYC Standards, perfect for all types of courses.
· A Study Plan on MyEducationLab provides practice multiple-choice items with feedback.
· Chapter content is aligned with the revised six NAEYC Standards for Professional Preparation Programs.
· New “Accommodating Diverse Learners” sections address the inclusion of all children, including those with special needs. This feature recognizes the ongoing integration of the fields of early childhood education and early childhood special education.
· Many additional core content examples and illustrations and a streamlined body of features result in a more accessible and applied edition.
Resources: Online Instructor’s Manual; Online Test Bank; MyTest, an electronic test management system that also generates WebCT and Blackboard formats; and Online PowerPoints.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
· Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
— Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
— The study plan links to text excerpts activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
· Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
· Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
· Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
· Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
· Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
George S. Morrison is a professor of early childhood education at the University of North Texas where he teaches child development and early childhood classes to undergraduate and graduate students. He is an experienced teacher and was a principal in the public schools.
Dr. Morrison's accomplishments include both a Distinguished Academic Service Award from the Pennsylvania Department of Education and Outstanding Service and Teaching Awards from Florida International University. His books include Early Childhood Education Today, Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education and Teaching in America. Dr. Morrison has also written books about the education and development of infants, toddlers, and preschoolers; child development; the contemporary curriculum; and parent/family/community involvement.
Dr. Morrison is a popular author, speaker, and presenter. He is senior contributing editor for the Public School Montessorian. His research and presentations focus on the globalization of early childhood education, the influence of contemporary educational reforms on reeducation, and the application of best practices to early childhood education. Dr. Morrison also lectures and gives keynote addrsss on topics of early childhood education in Thailand, Taiwan, China, South Korea, and the Phillipines.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Pearson. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0131381121 Instructor's edition. Identical to student edition. May have extra/answers for the professor. Great way to save money! WE SHIP DAILY!!!. Nº de ref. de la librería Z0131381121ZN
Descripción Pearson, 2010. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110131381121
Descripción Pearson. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0131381121 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW6.0047046