'International Project Management' provides specific guidelines for achieving greater project success. It is the result of 15 years of work on international projects by the authors across various project areas and industries. The authors address a need for modern techniques in project management geared and suited to international projects. They offer lessons learned from failures and problems in international projects, and suggest alternative solutions for project issues. Industry examples include manufacturing, distribution, communications, media, transportation, government, IT, marketing, energy, medical care, tourism, and others in forty countries across five continents.
The purpose of this book is to answer:
* What is an international project and why is it different?
* What are the critical success factors for managing international projects?
* How are vendors and outsourcing managed across national boundaries?
* How do businesses effectively address cross- cultural, social, and political issues?
* How are international communications set up and coordinated?
* What should a manager look for in an international project leader?
* How does a business select the right vendors for an international project?
* How are inadequate or incompatible infrastructure and technology issues overcome?
* How are the legal and bureaucratic limitations on project management dealt with?
* Presents over 150 specific lessons learned and guidelines for managing international projects
* Explains how businesses can effectively address
* Shows how a business can select the right vendors and outsourcing across national boundaries
Bennet Lientz has taught and consulted on project management for the past 28 years to more than 5000 people. He developed the concept of the management critical path, acted as project manager of the Internet, and turned around 10 failing projects. This Second Edition is Lientz' seventh book; he has also written more than 25 articles in various areas of project management.
Kathryn P. Rea is president and founder of The Consulting Edge, Inc., which was established in 1984. The firm specializes in E-Business, process improvement, project management, and financial consulting. Rea has managed more than 65 major technology-related projects internationally. She has advised on and carried out projects in government, engergy, banking and finance, distribution, trading, retailing, transportation, mining, manufacturing, and utilities. She is the author of eight books and more than 20 articles in various areas of information systems and analysis.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Nº de ref. de la librería AIND-782
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Nº de ref. de la librería SHUB16189
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Nº de ref. de la librería ABE-FEB-16189
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Nº de ref. de la librería AUSBNEW-782
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Nº de ref. de la librería ABEUSA-16189
Descripción Elsevier. Estado de conservación: New. pp. 277. Nº de ref. de la librería 7424005
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. Depending on your location, this item may ship from the US or UK. Nº de ref. de la librería 97801244998500000000
Descripción Academic Press/Elsevier Scienc, 2003. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110124499856
Descripción Routledge, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: NEW. 9780124499850 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Nº de ref. de la librería HTANDREE01209
Descripción Academic Press/Elsevier Science, 2003. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería 0124499856