All our books are brand new. We ship worldwide
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Awarded Best Reference by the New York Public Library (2004), Outstanding Academic Title by CHOICE (2003), and AAP/PSP 2003 Best Single Volume Reference/Sciences by Association of American Publishers' Professional Scholarly Publishing Division, the first edition of Encyclopedia of Insects was acclaimed as the most comprehensive work devoted to insects. Covering all aspects of insect anatomy, physiology, evolution, behavior, reproduction, ecology, and disease, as well as issues of exploitation, conservation, and management, this book sets the standard in entomology.
The second edition of this reference will continue the tradition by providing the most comprehensive, useful, and up-to-date resource for professionals. Expanded sections in forensic entomology, biotechnology and Drosphila, reflect the full update of over 300 topics. Articles contributed by over 260 high profile and internationally recognized entomologists provide definitive facts regarding all insects from ants, beetles, and butterflies to yellow jackets, zoraptera, and zygentoma.
* 66% NEW and revised content by over 200 international experts
* New chapters on Bedbugs, Ekbom Syndrome, Human History, Genomics, Vinegaroons
* Expanded sections on insect-human interactions, genomics, biotechnology, and ecology
* Each of the 273 articles updated to reflect the advances which have taken place in entomology research since the previous edition
* Features 1,000 full-color photographs, figures and tables
* A full glossary, 1,700 cross-references, 3,000 bibliographic entries, and online access save research time
* Updated with online access.
A Look Inside: Encyclopedia of Insects, Second Edition--Ladybugs
(Click to enlarge)
|Larvae of Asian Lady Beetle |
The ratio of leg length to body length varies according to diet
|Pupa of Orange Ladybird |
The pupa is usually formed on the host plant
|Eyed Ladybug |
Reflex bleeding is a defense mechanism to deter predators
Edited by Dr. Vincent H. Resh and Dr. Ring T. Cardé
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Elsevier Science & Technology Books. Estado de conservación: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 39780044
Descripción Academic Press, 2009. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 2. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0123741440
Descripción Academic Press, 2009. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110123741440
Descripción Academic Press. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 0123741440 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW6.0040684