Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Book by Gentry Terry Maier Raina M Pepper Ian L Gerba Char
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
For microbiology and environmental microbiology courses, this leading textbook builds on the academic success of the previous edition by including a comprehensive and up-to-date discussion of environmental microbiology as a discipline that has grown in scope and interest in recent years. From environmental science and microbial ecology to topics in molecular genetics, this edition relates environmental microbiology to the work of a variety of life science, ecology, and environmental science investigators. The authors and editors have taken the care to highlight links between environmental microbiology and topics important to our changing world such as bioterrorism and national security with sections on practical issues such as bioremediation, waterborne pathogens, microbial risk assessment, and environmental biotechnology.
WHY ADOPT THIS EDITION?
New chapters on:
· Urban Environmental Microbiology
· Bacterial Communities in Natural Ecosystems
· Global Change and Microbial Infectious Disease
· Microorganisms and Bioterrorism
· Extreme Environments (emphasizing the ecology of these environments)
· Aquatic Environments (now devoted to its own chapter- was combined with Extreme Environments)
Updates to Methodologies:
· Nucleic Acid -Based Methods: microarrays, phyloarrays, real-time PCR, metagomics, and comparative genomics
· Physiological Methods: stable isotope fingerprinting and functional genomics and proteomics-based approaches
· Microscopic Techniques: FISH (fluorescent in situ hybridization) and atomic force microscopy
· Cultural Methods: new approaches to enhanced cultivation of environmental bacteria
· Environmental Sample Collection and Processing: added section on air sampling
Dr. Ian Pepper is currently a Professor at the University of Arizona. He is also Director of the University of Arizona, Environmental Research Laboratory (ERL) and the NSF Water and Environmental Technology (WET) Center. Dr. Pepper is an environmental microbiologist specializing in the molecular ecology of the environment. His research has focused on the fate and transport of pathogens in air, water, soils and wastes. His expertise has been recognized by membership on six National Academy of Science Committees and former memberships on an EPA FIFRA Science and Advisory Panel. Dr. Pepper is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Academy of Microbiology, the Soil Science Society of America, and the American Society of Agronomy. He is also a Board Certified Environmental Scientist within the American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists. He is the author or co-author of six textbooks; 40 book chapters; and over 180 peer-review journal articles.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Hardcover. Condición: 11. Still wrapped, some shelf-wear.HN-16 [S 70]. Nº de ref. del artículo: sku-3104-3104
Descripción Academic Press, 2008. Hardcover. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P110123705193
Descripción Academic Press, 2008. Hardcover. Condición: New. Brand New!. Nº de ref. del artículo: VIB0123705193
Descripción Condición: New. 100% BRAND NEW US Edition / Mint condition / Never been read / HARDCOVER / Student 2nd Edition / ISBN: 0123705193. Shipped out in one business day with free tracking. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: 476
Descripción Academic Press, 2008. Hardcover. Condición: New. 2. Nº de ref. del artículo: DADAX0123705193
Descripción Elsevier. Condición: New. pp. 624. Nº de ref. del artículo: 7452752