Book by Davidovits Paul
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
"This is a book you should consider if you are teaching the one-semester premed course. This text could be used in two ways: 1) as a text for a one-term course in the physics of the body (without calculus) for non-physics majors in premed or allied health programs, or 2) as a supplementary text for the introductory physics course, particularly for premed students."
--Russell Hobbie, University of Minnesota, retired
"There is certainly a viable market (for this book), if not as a stand-alone physics text, as a collection of problems, examples, and discussions at the boundary between physics and biology/medicine. It is very well written; it is certainly accurate; and it is pretty complete."
--David Cinabro, Wayne State University
This interdisciplinary introductory text covers topics in physics as they apply to the life sciences, specifically medicine, physiology, nursing and other applied health fields.
Physics for Biology and Medicine, Second Edition is a concise introductory paperback that surveys and relates basic physics to living systems. It discusses biological systems that can be analyzed quantitatively and how advances in the life sciences have been aided by physical or engineering analysis. Applicable courses are Biophysics and Applied Physics
* Provides many practical techniques for applying knowledge of physics to the study of living systems
* Explains the operation of modern medical devices such as Computerised Axial Tomography (CAT) scans and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in simple understandable terms
* Presents material in a straightforward manner requiring very little background in physics or biology
* Includes many figures, examples, and illustrative problems
* Includes appendices which provide convenient access to the most important concepts of mechanics, electricity, and optics
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Academic Press, 2000. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 2. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0122048407
Descripción Academic Press, 2000. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110122048407
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97801220484011.0
Descripción Academic Press. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0122048407 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW6.0040078