Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
"An awe-inspiring project of breath-taking scope, bringing together a distinguished list of internationally recognized editors and authors."--Mark Steedman, University of Edinburgh, UK
"An extraordinary resource, encompassing a comprehensive breadth of major topics in all aspects of language and linguistics, the perspectives of leading scholars, and regional viewpoints from around the world! It does look to be an impressive undertaking, allright." -- Alister Cumming, Professor and Head, Modern Language Centre Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, Canada.
"With over 3,000 articles and 39,000 references, this volume is vital to all college-level libraries as the most comprehensive language resource of its kind. -- John Aiello, The Electric Review, May 2005.
From the foreword:
"From people who enjoy browsing through encyclopedias to specialists who want some basic orientation in an area near their own, readers will find ELL2 to be an outstanding source of information." -- Sarah G. Thomason, William J. Gedney Collegiate Professor of Linguistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
The first edition of ELL (1993, Ron Asher, Editor) was hailed as "the field's standard reference work for a generation". Now the all-new second edition matches ELL's comprehensiveness and high quality, expanded for a new generation, while being the first encyclopedia to really exploit the multimedia potential of linguistics.
* The most authoritative, up-to-date, comprehensive, and international reference source in its field
* An entirely new work, with new editors, new authors, new topics and newly commissioned articles with a handful of classic articles
* The first Encyclopedia to exploit the multimedia potential of linguistics through the online edition
* Ground-breaking and International in scope and approach
* Alphabetically arranged with extensive cross-referencing
* Available in print and online, priced separately. The online version will include updates as subjects develop
* c. 7,500,000 words
* c. 11,000 pages
* c. 3,000 articles
* c. 1,500 figures: 130 halftones and 150 colour
* Supplementary audio, video and text files online
* c. 3,500 glossary definitions
* c. 39,000 references
* Extensive list of commonly used abbreviations
* List of languages of the world (including information on no. of speakers, language
* Approximately 700 biographical entries (now includes contemporary linguists)
* 200 language maps in print and online
Also available online via ScienceDirect – featuring extensive browsing, searching, and internal cross-referencing between articles in the work, plus dynamic linking to journal articles and abstract databases, making navigation flexible and easy. For more information, pricing options and availability visit www.info.sciencedirect.com.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Elsevier, New York, USA, 2006. Hardcover. Condición: New. First Edition. Set of 14 volumes Size: 22 x 29 Cm. Nº de ref. del artículo: 015147