Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Book by Atkins Lucy
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
‘A great book for any first-time mother.’ Sarah Beeny, TV property expert and mother of four.
‘An honest, down-to-earth guide.’ Mother and Baby
‘You can't go wrong with a book as comprehensive as First-Time Parent.’ Tidewater Parent
‘Eminently more friendly than most baby manuals.’ Sunday ExpressReseña del editor:
Forget unrealistic childcare manuals – this is the book you really need to help you cope brilliantly with those first chaotic days and months ahead.
As a health journalist and mother-of-three, Lucy Atkins is familiar with both the medical aspects of childbirth and baby development, and the reality of day-to-day life as an exhausted first-time mum or dad. In her feisty, humorous style, she begins with that first mind-blowing day and addresses the issues unique to the first-time parent who stares at their newborn and thinks “Where are the instructions?”
Anticipating the questions and concerns of all new mothers–Why does my baby cry so much? Will I ever lose all this weight? Am I a bad parent because...?–the book provides practical advice and level-headed reassurance. It addresses the needs of the baby and, very importantly, those of the parent during the first year of their baby’s life.
· Starter’s orders – the equipment and kit you really need, as opposed to what the department store tells you
· Hello – how to cope with the first few hours
· Start – coming home, bonding, how to survive the first few days
· Sleep – for everyone!
· Cry – why your baby cries, what to do, why you'll want to cry, too
· Eat –breastfeeding, supplemental feeding, moving to solids, nutrition
· Grow – baby's physical and mental development
· Play – yes, you two actually can have fun
· Thrive – health considerations for baby and parent
· Live – adapting to your new life, the changing mother-father relationship
· Work – coping with being at home and with going back to work
· Also includes information on single parenting, and on adopted, multiple and special needs babies.
The First-Time Parent is on your side, and reassures that you can cope brilliantly with your new baby and your new life.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción HarperCollins UK, 2006. Hardcover. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P110007207557
Descripción HarperCollins UK, 2006. Hardcover. Condición: New. Nº de ref. del artículo: DADAX0007207557