This dictionary serves as a reference book for all students from intermediate level upwards. It offers extensice coverage of phrasal verbs and idioms, information on world frequency, and a detailed treatment of modern English.From the Back Cover:
COBUILD continues to offer a comprehensive approach to understanding, learning and teaching today’s English. This new COBUILD dictionary provides a detailed picture of the English language of the 1990s. With over 60,000 references and 55,000 examples, there is a wealth of information on the central core of English vocabulary, and much more besides.
• 'Frequency information' makes the important words easier to find
• 'Full sentence explanations' provide detailed information about typical phraseology and collocations on an informal, user-friendly style
• 'More than just meanings' ways of expressing attitudes and intentions are clearly explained, helping learners avoid typical mistakes
• '55,000 real examples' all drawn from The Bank of English, show how the language is both written and spoken
• 'Unique extra column' makes information easy to find, easy to understand
The 'COBUILD Learner’s Dictionary' is an indispensable reference book for all students from intermediate level upwards. Its exceptionally clear layout and detailed treatment of the modern language, combined with the authority of The Bank of English, make it the ideal English language reference book.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Collins CoBUILD, 1996. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0003750582
Descripción Collins CoBUILD. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0003750582 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW4.0000661