"Discovering Advanced Mathematics" is a series of four books designed to match the new generation of A and AS Level maths syllabuses and satisfy the requirements of the SCAA Common Core for Mathematics. This text shows the immediate application of pure mathematics and makes great use of modelling techniques. The book is divided into 29 short chapters, allowing teachers to match the book easily to their own teaching plans. It provides chapter introductions, chapter summaries, investigations and practicals, exercises and examination questions.Contraportada:
'Discovering Advanced Mathematics' is a series of four books designed to match the new generation of A- and AS-level maths syllabuses and satisfy the requirements of the SCAA Common Core for Mathematics. The books provide unparalleled support for developing modelling and problem-solving skills.
• real opportunities to study advanced mathematics through stimulating and original contexts, questions and modelling tasks
• use of new technology is encouraged throughout – graphics calculators and spreadsheets, for example – but tasks are accessible to students with the most basic of A-level calculators
• accessible to all of your students because of careful introduction of major concepts and language level
'Pure Mathematics' – Bob Francis
A continual emphasis on application and relevance: wage rises to yacht racing; fairground rides to mortgage repayments. pure mathematics shows the immediate application of pure mathematics that students are learning, and makes great use of modelling techniques throughout. The text is divided into 29 short chapters, allowing teachers to match the book easily to their own teaching plans.
"Although the title is 'Pure Mathematics', the book also covers the requirements for students to study mathematical modelling, the mathematics of uncertainty, and the appropriate use of technology…This is an interesting book, offering many imaginative ideas, providing structure and support for all students, and challenge for the most able."
TIMES EDUCATIONAL SUPPLEMENT.
• Problem-solving in mathematics
• Basic algebra
• Linear functions
• Quadratic functions
• Quadratic equations and inequalities
• Polynomial functions
• Differentiation 1 (gradients etc.)
• Trigonometry 1 (functions etc.)
• Integration 1 (areas, area functions)
• Trigonometry 2 (triangles)
• Sequences and series 1 (notation etc.)
• Sequences and series 2 (binomial expansions)
• Trigonometry 3 (radians etc.)
• Exponentials and logarithms
• Differentiation 2 (negative exponents, tangents, etc.)
• Integration 2 (negative exponents etc.)
• Differentiation 3 (chain rule etc.)
• Numerical methods
• Rational functions
• Integration 3
• Curves 1 (parametric equations)
• Trigonometry 5 (calculus) Curves 2
• Differential equations
• Mathematics of uncertainty
A Vectors supplement is available upon request. Telephone 0181 307 4830.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Collins Educational, 1995. Estado de conservación: Fair. N/A. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside. Nº de ref. de la librería GRP36012229