"Francis Buttle's first book Hotel & Foodservice Marketing set the standard for hospitality marketing textbooks back in the 1980s. Buttle and his co-author David Bowie have set a new benchmark. This book not only covers the range of essential theory but is supported with industry relevant examples. It is well written, and will prove to be an essential text for students"-J. S. Perry Hobson, PhD, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Vacation Marketing and Head, School of Tourism & Hospitality Management, Southern Cross University, Australia
"Concise but comprehensive, providing all the basics of marketing; and laying a solid foundation for further in-depth study... It is an excellent resource for students as well as practitioners."-Vincent C.S. Heung, Ph.D, Associate Professor, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University."A refreshingly innovative text that explores current practice and the latest thinking in hospitality marketing; an essential resource for students, academics and practitioners."-Professor Nigel Hemmington, Head of School of Services Management, Bournemouth University, UK
"This is a welcome addition to the literature given its depth of understanding of hospitality as a business and the use of marketing as an application. Unlike many other books the structure provides clarity by means of placing Marketing as the intervention of pre, during and post consumption encounters. Overall, this book will be judged a necessary addition to any hospitality and tourism practitioner or student."-Dr David Gilbert, Professor of Marketing, School of Management, University of Surrey
Hospitality Marketing: an introduction takes a unique approach to outlining marketing processes in the hospitality industry.
Ideal for those new to the topic of marketing, this text contextualises the subject for the hospitality sector. It discusses the eight elements of the marketing mix with direct reference to the specifics of the hospitality industry and approaches the whole process in three stages, as would the hospitality marketing manager:
* BEFORE customers visit the hotel / restaurant, the marketing task is to research the market, manage customer expectations and motivate trial purchase through product / service development, pricing, location, distribution and marketing communication.
* DURING the service encounter, the task is to meet or exceed customer expectation by managing the physical evidence, service processes and employee behaviour.
* AFTER the service encounter, the task is to audit quality and customer satisfaction, and promote a longer term mutually beneficial relationship with customers through relationship marketing initiative.
Hospitality Marketing is a complete learning resource, with real-life examples, case studies and exercises in the text, plus an accompanying website which provides solutions to the exercises, further case studies and links to relevant sites to support both students and lecturers.
* Contextualises the marketing mix for the hospitality industry.
* Contains real-life examples, mini case studies and exercises to illuminate analysis and help understanding.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Butterworth-Heinemann, 2004. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 1. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0750652454
Descripción Butterworth-Heinemann, 2004. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110750652454