Many books exist on various aspects of event management, reflecting growing academic and professional interest, but there has not been a book written on Event Studies until now. As the event management field expands, there is a growth in demand for advanced texts, particularly with a multidisciplinary research and theoretical orientation. Event Studies is the first text to embrace this new direction in the field of event management providing:
* Students and practitioners with an explanation of why planned events are important from a social/cultural, economic and environmental perspective.
* Readers with an understanding of how various disciplines and other professional fields view planned events, and the contributions they make to understanding events.
* Research students with a detailed evaluation of research issues and challenges, and of methodologies and theories applicable to event studies. The bibliography is extensive and numerous research examples are provided.
* Professionals with a tool to expand their knowledge well beyond the art and science of producing events to include the philosophical and scientific foundations of event studies.
For the event management student, and for professionals, Event Studies provides the necessary body of knowledge and theoretical /methodological underpinnings on the subject of planned events.
* The only comprehensive text on event studies, which includes theoretical and methodological discussion
* Provides a detailed overview of published research, an evaluation of research themes pertinent to events, disciplinary perspectives, and identification of research questions
* Provides a framework for understanding and creating knowledge about special events
Event Studies is the only book devoted to developing knowledge and theory about planned events. This book focuses on event planning and management, outcomes, the experience of events and the meanings attached to them, the dynamic processes shaping events and why people attend them. Event Studies draws from a large number of foundation disciplines and closely related professional fields, to foster interdisciplinary theory focused on planned events. It brings together important discourses on events including event management, event tourism, and the study of events within various disciplines that are able to shed light on the roles, importance and impacts of events in society and culture. Since the first edition of this book there have been many important developments in this field and this second edition features: New sections have been added on: trends and issues in the world of planned events; examination of three discourses; event-related careers and professionalism; new theory on the event travel career trajectory; implications of social worlds and social media, and new theory on convergence in the forms and functions of events. Expert contributions and personal viewpoints from a number of respected events academics Updated Research Notes to connect readers to the vast and diverse current literature, methods and techniques pertaining to events. Instructor's Guide including PowerPoint Slides for each chapter at http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780080969534/
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción U.S.A.: Routledge, 2012. Soft cover. Estado de conservación: New. Estado de la sobrecubierta: New. 2nd Edition. New, International Edition, Premium quality books. Ship via FedEx, UPS, DHL. Delivery time is 3-5 biz days. Nº de ref. de la librería 0080969534
Descripción Routledge. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0080969534 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW4.0038495
Descripción Routledge, 2012. Estado de conservación: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: For the event management student, and for professionals, 'Event Studies' provides the necessary body of knowledge and theoretical/methodological underpinnings on the subject of planned events. Nº de ref. de la librería ABE_book_new_0080969534
Descripción Routledge, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería 0080969534
Descripción Routledge, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 2nd edition. 460 pages. 9.72x7.44x0.83 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería 0080969534
Descripción Routledge, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110080969534
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97800809695341.0