"... the tales of contract wrangles and rider rivalries are gripping, as are Walker's off-track exploits, as he drives round Europe in his motorhome leaving behind a trail of speeding tickets and discarded knickers." Independent on SundayFrom the Publisher:
Following the retirement of the legendary Carl Fogarty, Chris Walker has become Britain's most popular motorcycle racer. Incredibly brave, outspoken and with talent to burn, Chris is frank about his hell-raising exploits on and off track, his legion of fans and his action-packed career in World and British superbikes.
Chris Walker's first book recreates his zest for life, passion for bikes, but most-of-all, his unique sense of humour. It includes not only the inside story of his racing, but revelations of his and fellow riders' more 'racy' exploits.
Chris will also expose some of the inner demons that are rarely shown to the public. Major storylines include:
• A childhood surrounded by bikes, and his first girlfriend: 'She was 13 going on 21 and had the biggest boobs I have ever seen.'
• A catalogue of broken bones: just weeks after spending four months in plaster following a serious road bike accident, he almost severed his other leg when motocrossing.
• The inevitable attention of the opposite sex: 'Girls would not have been knocking on my motorhome door offering a blow-job if I hadn't been racing bikes…'
• The classic season-long ding-dong battle with arch-rival Neil Hodgson, which went to the courts over disputed points.
• The loyal support, and exploits, of his five-strong 18-stone posse of mates known as the 'Big Lads' and the less-welcome attentions of a fully-fledged stalker.
• A switch to Carl Fogarty's race team: 'The bike caught fire during practice at Silverstone and I jumped off to avoid serious injury – but not before all my pubic hair had burnt off!'
• His battles with the debilitating Bell’s Palsy.
• His long-awaited first World Superbike win from the back of the grid at Assen in 2006.
Updated and told in Chris's inimitably self-deprecating style – and with all the drama of the opening races of the 2008 World Supersport series – the book breaks the mould of recent motorcycling autobiographies.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción HarperSport 2008-05-01, 2008. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. New Ed. 0007259867. Nº de ref. de la librería Z0007259867ZN
Descripción HarperSport. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0007259867. Nº de ref. de la librería Z0007259867ZN
Descripción HarperSport, 2010. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Rapidly dispatched worldwide from our clean, automated UK warehouse within 1-2 working days. Nº de ref. de la librería mon0000090478
Descripción HarperCollins UK, 2008. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería 0007259867
Descripción HarperCollins UK, 2008. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. New Ed. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0007259867
Descripción HARPER COLLINS, 2008. Paperback. Estado de conservación: NEW. 9780007259861 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Nº de ref. de la librería HTANDREE0981154
Descripción Harpercollins Pub Ltd, 2008. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. new ed edition. 384 pages. 7.72x5.04x1.02 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería zk0007259867
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97800072598611.0