•”Quite simply, this is a superb compendium and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to naturalists of all ages and abilities who want to learn something new.” BBC Wildlife, Book of the Month
• “This book is a must for budding biologists” The Sunday Times
• “Offers something for everyone. The perfect family reference guide, this colourful and informative book should be on the shelf (or in the backpack ) of naturalists of all ages.” Geographical Magazine
• “Wax-jacketed TV prodigy Baker continues his climb to stardom with this entirely excellent guide to DIY nature-spotting” FOCUS MagazineFrom the Publisher:
A practical and inspirational introduction to observing, understanding and studying the natural world, written by TV wildlife expert, Nick Baker
Being a naturalist is about combining different skills, tricks of the trade and investigative techniques. The New Amateur Naturalist is the ultimate reference book for budding naturalists of all ages. Drawing on his experience from all over the world, Nick focuses on how you can find animals in the field, by interpreting tracks and signs, setting bait, listening for sounds, and the best ways to watch them.
Gerald and Lee Durrell's The Amateur Naturalist was first published in 1982 and quickly became a classic. Based on this concept, Nick's book will inspire a new generation of naturalists to make the most of the world around them. From communicating with wild animals to catching bugs or setting up an aquarium, this is the book to will teach you how. With information on how to get started, Nick then goes on to guide you through:
• Choosing the necessary equipment, kit and clothing
• Hands-on activities and investigations that can be done at home
• Profiles on mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians, fish and insects
• Introduction to plants and trees
Fact-packed, and brimming with practical tips and techniques, this is the perfect family reference guide for all up-and-coming naturalists.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Collins, 2004. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería 0007157312
Descripción Collins, 2004. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0007157312